TV mounting bracket

nuevoboy

Has anyone seen this type of bracket or knows of where I can get another, please?

I've just bought a TV to go in the van and also wish to use it in the house connected to our nestbox camera to watch the birdies.

The TV came with a free bracket but I'd like to mount the TV to the detachable plate of the mount in the van and purchase another mount to make switching easier.

I've been googling but not had any luck.

P1040620.JPG.ef76a553dd6756c6df45be217b324a5d.JPG

P1040621.JPG.a91c78cbb8c8133fe717aff89fbbd075.JPG

Could you just knock up a bracket to the same job as the portion that is fixed in the van?

..or another approach,something that'll receive the tv-end of the pivot bracket?

(..I should imagine,if it came with the tv,it may be something the manufacturer(in China?)sourced or knocked up...Although I suppose you could always try contacting them...?)

Edit to add:..to make it tidier,you should really align those screwheads as well.. ;-)

To clarify, the one shown in the photos was already in the van when we bought it.

The free one with the TV isn't detachable and would be a pain to keep remounting the TV to, as it'll be mounted high up on the kitchen wall.

I'm certainly not capable of knocking something similar up, although I could just about manage to realign those screw heads (assuming I don't split the wardrobe wall *-) ).

I've just fitted a new TV in the motorhome on a double armed bracket to allow us to view it from all the places that we can lounge in the van. The mount is not removable but i wanted to be able to remove the TV for security so i screwed some M4 threaded rod into the Vesa mounting holes on the TV added a M4 locknut leaving about 1 cm of tread protruding. Then the TV is offered up to the bracket and some M4 wingnuts secure the TV to the mount. This means it could be transferred to another bracket in a couple of minutes. 
Dave

Thanks for the last 2 replies.

Mel's option certainly looks a possibility although I'd really prefer just to get another wall plate as in my second photo. It seems a bit daft to have 2 detachable brackets on the one set up. *-)

I've done loads more searching on t'internet, but haven't come across anything like mine yet.

I'm sure someone else must have the same wall plate, so I'll hang on for another couple of days and keep hoping. :-)

The mount you show is not from any of the recognised mount manufacturers so looks like you will have to buy a pair of mounts.

If you just want a simple wall mount you are only looking at £10-£15 each. All wall mounts are 2 part with the backplate fixing to the wall and the bracket hooking on secured with 1 or 2 locking screws.

Of course if you want a professional job you need a Unicol mount they will set you back £150 + VAT each. :D

lennyhb - 2012-04-04 5:41 PM

All wall mounts are 2 part with the backplate fixing to the wall and the bracket hooking on secured with 1 or 2 locking screws.

Lenny, it appears that your comments are not strictly true.

The free bracket that came with the TV (and incidentally retails for around £20) does not come apart, without removing the bolts that alter tilt.

Furthermore, the bracket fitted in my van is also not designed to be removed easily, hence the provision of the actual detachable wall plate.

The plate is of identical material and design to the mount, which is why I assumed that it was an OEM product.

I'm not being mean or lazy, just trying to get an appropriate product. :-S

nuevoboy - 2012-04-04 4:07 PM

Thanks for the last 2 replies.

Mel's option certainly looks a possibility although I'd really prefer just to get another wall plate as in my second photo. It seems a bit daft to have 2 detachable brackets on the one set up. *-)

I've done loads more searching on t'internet, but haven't come across anything like mine yet.

I'm sure someone else must have the same wall plate, so I'll hang on for another couple of days and keep hoping. :-)

I take your point about 'one' part of the bracket which attaches to the TV not being used, and I wasn't particuarly happy about that either, but after scouring the web for ages (and I mean ages!) I couldn't find a more sensible solution - even by getting 2 new wall brackets with removable fronts I would still only use 1 of the fronts and 'waste' the other. This was a much, much more expensive option and also less cosmetically desirable with the risk of the new bracket not lining up with the existing bracket's holes in the wall, so making an eyesore when fitting it (ie more holes in the van!).

The advantage of adding a quick release mounting onto an existing bracket is that if you change vans in the future you can remove these parts, but leave the existing TV mounts in place (thus not leaving 'holes' in the van), and use the quick release mounting on your next one.

When I was scouring the web for brackets which wasn't that long ago, I didn't come across anything that remotely resembled your bracket I'm afraid so I think you might be on a hiding to nothing there.

Mel B - 2012-04-05 12:23 AMbut after scouring the web for ages (and I mean ages!) I couldn't find a more sensible solution - even by getting 2 new wall brackets with removable fronts I would still only use 1 of the fronts and 'waste' the other.

Mel, just wanted to say that was a brilliant solution, I have also been searching the web ('tho it has not been as 'intensive' as yours due to other commitments)for a way to mount my TV and still 'remove' it for either security reasons or to use elsewhere in the Losos house!

Your link has not only pointed me at the removeable brackets but also (from the same firm) a multi position ceiling mount at a reasonable price so I will be able to solve both my mounting problems with no compromises, a really elegant solution, I am much obliged.

kelly58 - 2012-04-05 8:43 AM

Ita a pity you do not live nearer to me as I could give you a 14" flat screen tv thats not digital to watch the birdies on and then you could leave the tv in the motorhome all the time " problem solved ".

Well, that was a kind thought kelly.

I would like to watch the birdies life size and a 14" screen would have done the trick for blue tits.

However, did I mention that we are hoping to breed Condors?

So, if anyone's got a 72" Plasma TV that they don't want......... (lol) ;-) *-)

nuevoboy - 2012-04-03 3:52 PM

Has anyone seen this type of bracket or knows of where I can get another, please?

Yes......Play dot Com.

Bought mine off them and they are an excellent online seller. You will find the same brackets, identical brand elsewhere......but they will be more expensive.

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=TV+wall+bracket&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts

Nuevoboy

Try this site: www.yourspares.co.uk and follow the links >electrical accessories >audio&video and finally >brackets

YS 149851 looks as if it is very similar with the face plate fitting in to the wall plate. Also YS 149855. If unsure give them a ring to see if the two parts are easy to separate. Good luck.

I dealt with them Janaury 2011 and the service was excellent and the prices unbelievably low.

If anybody wants a TV bracket this company seems to have a huge selection. They are based in Bognor Regis

Archived