Unbelievable weather

nightrider

last week or so i was pottering about my gardens enjoying the weather, this morning I looked out of the bedroom window saw the snow and promptly jumped back into bed, what a change?

I have now finally decided to retire and rest on my laurels, after 56 years of work I think I have done enough, in september I am going to have the mother of all retirement party, the venue at the Fishermans retreat is all booked, I am giving the business, vehicle and equipment to my son and grandson with the strict proviso that they go out and do it and dont come to me with any problems I can't handle stress and strain anymore but I will be in the background with any advice they might need.

If anyone needs me? I will be in my shed making birdboxes, instead of my M/H being parked up most of the time I will use it for my day to day trundling about the places like B&Q. Hasta la Vista amigo's

Guest pelmetman

Its been peeing down with rain here all night....... and still its blowing a gale and pouring now........

Hose pipe ban starts tomorrow (lol) (lol)

Guest Tracker

What's so unbelievable about it?

Snow is statistically much more likely at Easter in England than it is at Christmas - always has been!

Average weather is made up of a wide range which includes extremes - that's life!

It's only water and their is no such thing as inappropriate weather - just inappropriate clothing!

Guest pelmetman
Still blowing a gale here and raining...........got the log burner going with Lamb shanks cooking for tea :-D............ scrounged another load of free wood the other day.......free heat and free cooking......cool B-)

Guest 1footinthegrave

1616: Hot summer with drought similar to that of 1612

1620-21: Frost fair held on the Thames

1626: Dry and hot summer

1635: Severe winter, Thames froze over

1636: Severe drought, rainless for months

Must have been that global warming and all those cars to blame, or horses farting..................or is it just "weather"

Guest pelmetman
1footinthegrave - 2012-04-04 5:08 PM

Must have been that global warming and all those cars to blame, or horses farting..................or is it just "weather"

Blimey 1foot 8-).............I didn't know you were that old :D

Guest 1footinthegrave
Tony Jones - 2012-04-04 2:02 PM

What's the problem? .

By the look of your neighbours houses you've left the wheely bin out, or put it out too early, that's the problem, and you've no excuse you've got a first floor study to study these things, me I've only got a bedroom :D

antony1969 - 2012-04-04 6:58 PM

Malcolm , I think I'm suffering from deja vu or sumat . You seem to have been retiring every month for the last couple of years :-D

My problem is antony that my head buzzes with idea's and I burn the midnight oil, my latest project is a CNC machine to churn out birdboxes and dolls houses.

I would like to retire but some inner force drives me on and I disappear into the dark recesses of my shed and come out with an idea that can make a shilling or two, I have retired and made a come back more times than Frank Sinatra (lol)

pelmetman - 2012-04-04 5:19 PM

1footinthegrave - 2012-04-04 5:08 PM

Blimey 1foot 8-).............I didn't know you were that old :D

He ain't.......................1616 is only a tad after quarter past 4.

knight of the road - 2012-04-04 10:08 PM

My problem is antony that my head buzzes with idea's and I burn the midnight oil, my latest project is a CNC machine to churn out birdboxes and dolls houses.

I would like to retire but some inner force drives me on and I disappear into the dark recesses of my shed and come out with an idea that can make a shilling or two, I have retired and made a come back more times than Frank Sinatra (lol)

Ah-ha ... your secret is out!!!! I know who you REALLY are ... you've got a dog called Gromit haven't you Wallace!!! :->

Tracker - 2012-04-04 11:29 AM

Snow is statistically much more likely at Easter in England than it is at Christmas - always has been!

Average weather is made up of a wide range which includes extremes - that's life!

It's only water and their is no such thing as inappropriate weather - just inappropriate clothing!

What I meant was that last week my next door neighbours were having Barby in the back garden and my neighbours wife being a sun worshipper was as per usual parading about the garden naked as a jay bird and this week she is wrapped up like a polar bear.

knight of the road - 2012-04-05 8:42 AM

What I meant was that last week my next door neighbours were having Barby in the back garden and my neighbours wife being a sun worshipper was as per usual parading about the garden naked as a jay bird and this week she is wrapped up like a polar bear.

I would say thats' very appropiate clothing. B-)

Hopesy - 2012-04-05 11:52 AM

knight of the road - 2012-04-05 8:42 AM

I would say thats' very appropiate clothing. B-)

It's absolutely disgusting.

If we were meant to walk around with no clothes on, we would have been born like it.

;-)

Archived