New Category for A-Frame threads!!!???

Tony Jones

If, as the Motorcaravanners' Club used to say on its stickers:

"Motorcaravanners do it without a hitch"

- it follows that the whole issue of A-frame towing, which has clogged up this category with so many threads, ISN'T actually "motorcaravanning" within the meaning of the Act (the point of a motorhome, as opposed to a caravan, being NOT to tow things!)

Since it's clearly not caravanning or tent-camping either, why can't OAL Mods set up a brand new category within the "forums," headed "Towing Things Behind Motorhomes," and move ALL the A-frame threads onto it?

Then the rest of us could get on with our hitch-free lives, and in particular find RELEVANT threads more easily!

Now I'll run away and hide for a few days.

PS Do I need a smiley on this?

Tony Jones - 2012-04-05 8:23 PM

" If God meant us to fly, he wouldn't have given us motorhomes " ( Is the way Tony always signs off ).

But, likewise, if God didn't mean motorhomers to tow, he wouldn't have given them A-frames.

;-)

Tony Jones - 2012-04-05 8:23 PM...it follows that the whole issue of A-frame towing, which has clogged up this category with so many threads, ISN'T actually "motorcaravanning" within the meaning of the Act (the point of a motorhome, as opposed to a caravan, being NOT to tow things!)

Not sure Tony, the whole assertion that it's NOT motorcaravanning simply based on a selective argument grounded in something that someone wrote down a long time ago makes for a very shaky foundation. Good job there's nothing really that important at stake. 

I absolutely agree though that it would be good for the various 'towing things behind a 'van' threads to be housed somewhere else.

If only there were some kind of contraption that could be 100% legally towed, left on a site, and provide a sleeping / cooking / leisure space, whilst leave the towing vehicle free to be able to explore local attractions.

If only...

crinklystarfish - 2012-04-06 9:02 AM If only there were some kind of contraption that could be 100% legally towed, left on a site, and provide a sleeping / cooking / leisure space, whilst leave the towing vehicle free to be able to explore local attractions.

If only...
You mean a de-mountable. Available from all good retailers. (lol)

crinklystarfish - 2012-04-06 10:02 AMIf only there were some kind of contraption that could be 100% legally towed, left on a site, and provide a sleeping / cooking / leisure space, whilst leave the towing vehicle free to be able to explore local attractions.

If only...
I think you have just invented something new, you could call it a caravan maybe?

Hopesy - 2012-04-06 8:06 AM

I tow a motorbike (on a trailer) so i tow but I'm not an A framer so which catagory do i fall into B-)

Confused of Bristol :-D

You think YOU'VE got problems?! I tow a bike most of the time (also on a trailer) and have an A-frame as well for when the weather is grim ie early & late season-Where do WE fit????? :-S :-S

Perhaps I should start another thread called Framatowers or Bikeamers or Twaimers

Ahhhrrrgggghh!!!!!

JamesFrance - 2012-04-06 9:23 AM

crinklystarfish - 2012-04-06 10:02 AM

If only there were some kind of contraption that could be 100% legally towed, left on a site, and provide a sleeping / cooking / leisure space, whilst leave the towing vehicle free to be able to explore local attractions.

If only...

I think you have just invented something new, you could call it a caravan maybe?

No, it'd never catch on.

Or if it did, someone would put an engine in it to dispense with the car, then decide they need the car after all and ... AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!

Guest 1footinthegrave
The one thing I do envy tuggers is that they are not stuck with Fiat junk as their motive power as this is what the majority of converters use, perhaps that's what the majority of Aframe devotee's fear the most the Motorhome packing up, at least they have an independent way of getting home, unlike me, perhaps I should get one. :D :D

I think I have solved all the towing problems/limitations .

I am going use a couple of scaffold poles to fasten my Toyota Yaris to the front of my motorhome and push it

Problem Solved. >:-(

Anyone have any thoughts on if this would be acceptable to the Spanish Police?

:-)

Cliffy - 2012-04-07 8:13 PM

I think I have solved all the towing problems/limitations .

I am going use a couple of scaffold poles to fasten my Toyota Yaris to the front of my motorhome and push it

Problem Solved. >:-(

Anyone have any thoughts on if this would be acceptable to the Spanish Police?

:-)

....they'll simply do you for towing a motorhome with a Toyota Yaris instead (and no doubt throw in a second fine for exceeding the GTW for the car). ;-)

Archived