Hymers with rear U shaped lounge, are they out there?

kevandali

Just had a thought- - - - doesn't happen very often so thought I would type it up straight away. :-D In my other post I mentioned the type of layout that I/we are looking for, ie rear lounge. Just wondered if Hymer do any rear U shaped lounge layouts, I know the majority of European vans do not have a rear lounge as there is not much call for it when you can sit outside in the sunshine. We are going to be buying second hand not new so probably looking at models from 2000/2001 any help as always much appreciated Kevandali

There are plenty of older Hymers with this arrangement. Try looking at mobile.de a german website look for gebrauchter wohnwagen ( used motor homes) type in intergriert ( Aclass) tielintegriert is c class. Any vehicle with rundsitzplatz in heck has u shaped seating in the rear. If you are interested and want a translation copy and paste to Dictionary.com translator. It wont be perfect but better than your German if you dont speak it!! There are also many grey importers of older Hymers, that you may like to speak to, they advertise in the MMM. The mobile.de site is useful to get price comparisons and the Caravan salon in Dusseldorf is the ultimate show. Viel Gluck! Vixter

Hi, I think some of the Hymer B644 models have a U shaped rear lounge, however i have meantioned on another post that We have met quite a number of people who have gone for the rear lounge models and they nearly all found that for ease of use they stopped using the pull down or over cab beds and made the rear lounge into the perminant bed, which is a great idea, but you then could have purchased a MH with a fixed rear bed in the first place and if you take that route, i would suggest you go for a garage model as you will obtain far more storage and ease of use for access to the storage areas ? I don't think the new 644 have the rear lounge option anymore ?? hope this helps

Yes; there are several Hymers that have a rear U-shaped lounge option. We have a B644 with that layout and it suits us perfectly, the B694 also offers the rear lounge. As has been said on other threads, your intended use should be the deciding factor. Like enodreven, it seems strange to me that someone would buy this layout and then turn it into a permanent bed, but each to their own.

Archived