We buy any car.com

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Put the details of my 99 Rover Sterling in for a valuation ;-)

£105............ 8-)

The 12 months tax and the full tank of fuel is worth more than that (lol) (lol)

I think that figure must be some sort of base,"industry standard"...because that's what it brought up for the OH's Peugeot 306 diesel...and it's the same figure our local Peugeot dealer gave us not so long back..

(..unless of cause,when was "..checking his system...",he was just searching on webuyanycar.com! (lol) )

A programme on daytime TV yesterday discussing this & similar websites.

The only thing thay are good for is finding out the absolute minimum value of your car.

The older the Car to worse their offer.

Dave - regarding RFL, AFAIA dealers are no longer able to get a refund for this, so if selling via a Dealer remove the Tax Disc & forward it to DVLA for the refund yourself.

Guest pelmetman
flicka - 2012-04-07 9:07 PM

A programme on daytime TV yesterday discussing this & similar websites.

The only thing thay are good for is finding out the absolute minimum value of your car.

The older the Car to worse their offer.

Dave - regarding RFL, AFAIA dealers are no longer able to get a refund for this, so if selling via a Dealer remove the Tax Disc & forward it to DVLA for the refund yourself.

I only did it out of curiosity John :D..................I've no intention of selling it at the moment as it's a comfortable, reliable, and cheap to run car ;-)....................not sure what to do when, if we manage to sell up :-S..........I'm tempted to park it up at the MIL's and just tax and insure it when we come home in the summer ;-)

You would get more scrapping it. I got £220 for my 22 year old Sierra Sapphire last week. It was still in good nick actually and running well, but it was an on going expense for little use it got. I owned from nearly new ( 3 months old). Was sad to see it go, especially as I had looked after it and was still all original.

I scrapped my Rover Stirling a couple of weeks ago, and I got £215  for it, a few days earlier I was quoted £190 for it and when I re phoned a few days later to confirm I was bringing it in the price had risen to £215, so that was a result.

Cars of this sort are in big demand for Charity Banger Rallies. Don't scrap them - Google "Banger Rallies" and sell them! They can generate lots of money for Charities

I have done 5 so far :- In all we've raised about £8000 for Parkinson's & Lymphoma

(and have had great fun along the way with some great colleague ralliers)

3 in a £230 Jaguar XJ6- to Turin & Monaco (The Italian Job, 2008), then to Chur, Stevio, Fussen & Prague (Mission Impossible, 2009) then to Beaune, Macon & Brugge (Allo'Allo, 2009)

1 to Colmar, Menaggio & Monaco to the Historic Grand Prix in my Vintage 2CV (Grand Prix, 2010)

1 in a £200 Saab to Antwerp, Leipzig, Dresden, Zagan in Poland (Stalag Luft III) & Munich (The Great Escape, 2011)

In May I'm repeating the Grand Prix in the Saab which will be a tad quicker than the 2CV!

pelmetman - 2012-04-07 7:58 PM

£105............ 8-)

But you only paid £95 including 4 weeks free fuel for it :D :D

Guest peter
pelmetman - 2012-04-07 7:58 PM

£105............ 8-)

They don't want the car Dave, just the fuel and tax disk. Well who would?. (lol) (lol)

These are rip off merchants of the highest order preying on folk who are in desperate need.   I checked it out (being an inquisitive type with time to spare) and was offered £3000 below the lowest Glass's guide price........they should be shut down.

RogerC - 2012-04-10 2:21 PM

These are rip off merchants of the highest order preying on folk who are in desperate need.   I checked it out (being an inquisitive type with time to spare) and was offered £3000 below the lowest Glass's guide price........they should be shut down.

How are they rip off merchants, they offer a price it is then up to you. They do not actually buy the cars the deal is farmed out to their local dealer in your area. Of course the price is very low the vehicle has to be passed on often through a couple of hands before it is again retailed. I agree not the best way to sell your car but if you want a quick deal and you take the price offered what is wrong with that. They should be shut down, explain why please.

rupert123 - 2012-04-10 2:35 PM

They should be shut down, explain why please.

Because after offering you an insult of a price, they proceed to hound you for months afterwards demanding to know why you haven't accepted it.

As others have pointed out, they prey on the vulnerable and desperate, how would you feel rupert if someone like that took advantage of an elderly relative of yours and took something worth thousands from them for a few hundred pounds, I feel confident that your attitude would differ in those circumstances.

donna miller - 2012-04-10 4:18 PM

rupert123 - 2012-04-10 2:35 PM

They should be shut down, explain why please.

Because after offering you an insult of a price, they proceed to hound you for months afterwards demanding to know why you haven't accepted it.

As others have pointed out, they prey on the vulnerable and desperate, how would you feel rupert if someone like that took advantage of an elderly relative of yours and took something worth thousands from them for a few hundred pounds, I feel confident that your attitude would differ in those circumstances.

Not my experience. Like others I have offered them a car and got back a fairly low price but it certainly was not your exaggerated hundreds of pounds for a car worth thousands. I never got a single follow up email either, no contact of any kind.

rupert123 - 2012-04-11 10:31 AM

but it certainly was not your exaggerated hundreds of pounds for a car worth thousands.

Hmmm. Mazda MX5: lowest trade-in price on either Parkers or CAP £2150.00 .........

We buy any car . com offer £685.00

Silly me, of course I was exaggerating. *-) Whatever was I thinking trying to mislead people with mere facts.

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2012-04-11 5:27 PM

O/K Dave.......I won't rip you off, I'll give you £110.00. :D

Done........ :D

Joking aside its been a cheap motor, bought it over 8 years ago as a semi retirement present to myself, 1 owner + demo, was up for 5k but they took my old 800 in px, and gave 1500 for it 8-)...........So got it for 3 and a half k.

All its needed apart from the usual servicing, batteries, tyres, exhaust etc is a new ABS sender on a front wheel B-)..........Although spent a few quid on it last year changing the belts and getting a small dent knocked out from a Sainsbury shopper *-)..................

30 mpg as well ;-)

Guest peter
That is really a very tidy car Dave. I trust your'e going to keep it till it drops to bits or becomes uneconomical to keep roadworthy. Much cheaper in the long run. It's a credit to you.

bow.gif.9b576da5ea2f1860384bfa9b2b12c073.gif

Guest pelmetman

2 days left

on your valuation of £105*

for your ROVER 800 FASTBACK

Dear Customer

Your valuation is now only valid for today and tomorrow, after this period your valuation will expire. Act now by clicking on the 'Book Now' button to book and attend an appointment in the next 48 hours, otherwise you will have to refresh your valuation. To sell your car at your local branch, simply click on the 'Book Now' button.

For a summary of your valuation follow this link.

Valuation reference:

WBAC********

Registration number:

Tightwad 1

Nearest Branch:

Lincoln

Ooooh er :-S :-S............I'm all of a dither :D..........£105!!........or a nice comfortable motor :-S...........what ever shall I do :D :D

Guest pelmetman
ips - 2012-04-13 1:27 PM

That is really a very tidy car Dave. .

I am sure I noticed a hair on the back seat on pic 3 ;-)

I hope not 8-)....................I cant afford to lose many more *-)

Archived