Width of 2011 Fiat Ducato Cab With Mirriors Unfolded.

Frank McAuley

Slightly off topic but I am never sure when quoting width of vehicle for say a ferry does it include the mirrors and if it does is that folded in or left out. If you go down a road with a width restriction say 6ft 6in which one applies then or in that case is it excluding mirrors?

Does anyone have a difinitive answer?

Yes Cliffy that's just what has been going through my mind- maybe too much of the small stuff!

It's an Autotrail Delaware (2011) "as it came",ie I'm not sure if they're standard or otherwise apart from having the standard "mirrorguards" fitted.

When I have the opportunity does anybody know where I can "obtain" the plastic chrome type embellisher for the P/S -nearest to the centre- air vent at a reasonable cost. I need to perform surgery to allow the fitting of a BRODIT gps bracket and I don't want to purchase a complete set?

Cliffy - 2012-04-09 7:52 PM

Slightly off topic but I am never sure when quoting width of vehicle for say a ferry does it include the mirrors and if it does is that folded in or left out. If you go down a road with a width restriction say 6ft 6in which one applies then or in that case is it excluding mirrors?

Best answer to this is another question. Does bridge height restrictions include or exclude my roof box? >:-) I am sure you know the definitive answer. All just a bit fun, except when you lose an expensive mirror.as someone or a narrow entrance whacks it off.

I often visit one of the car parks up at Balmedie north of Aberdeen. I just fit between the width restriction posts with about 1 cm clearance on each side to the side skirts.

The legal max. widths of vehicles has always excluded the mirrors.

Most motorcaravan manufacturers quote widths excluding mirrors. A noteable exception always seemed to be Autosleepers, who included mirrors in their quoted widths.

I seem to remember that at one time MMM used to quote both widths in their road tests,

Brambles - 2012-04-10 12:56 AM

Cliffy - 2012-04-09 7:52 PM

Best answer to this is another question. Does bridge height restrictions include or exclude my roof box? >:-) I am sure you know the definitive answer. All just a bit fun, except when you lose an expensive mirror.as someone or a narrow entrance whacks it off.

That does not answer what width to quote when booking a ferry or a C&CC site and as width restictions signs on roads are order giving signs. I am happy to fold the mirrors in to reduce the width and comply with the lawor get through a gap if I need to, you cant to that to a roof box or in my case the TV aerial. >:-)

Archived