Orbitur

gwyn

Wonder if anyone can help, I've seen a couple of bits on the internet about Orbitur campsites and senior citizen discounts. We already have an Acsi card but comments seem to be that orbitur discount works out cheaper. Main question is, that the orbitur site says retired or senior citizens so do they actually have age limits or is it if you can produce proof of employment pension and is it worth paying 20€ to join, would the savings justify it?

We are using Orbitur campsites at the moment, there is a discount for seniors but I think you will find it is for long stay in the winter months. All Orbitur sites are in ACSI, the sites are fairly good toilets clean, staff friendly. Free Wi Fi some have restaurants open at the moment others not until the season realy starts.

Very quiet here in Portugal at the moment. Lots of places will only take cash for goods etc.

David

Thanks for info will go with my instincts anyway and stick with me good old acsi card. We always aim on taking cash with us, found it a lot easier dealing in the hard stuff than messing about with cards.

We stayed at a few Orbitur sites last year in May/June and found the senior card discount useful and cheaper than ACSI as we didn't bother with a hookup for one night stays.

I think the card was free and we applied for it by post before we set off.

Steve

• 2 months later...
Well we spent May in Portugal South to North, I bought a portugal campsite guide only 4€ and found that most campsites were between 10 and 15€ and even the orbitur sites in the ACSI book were cheaper by NOT using the ACSI card !!! That was with electric and including showers etc.Above Lisbon these prices stayed the same in June

Archived