X2/50 Handbrake extender & Swivel clearance

colin

Follow the link in the thread for lowered seat boxes.

If you want them for an old style Boxer/Ducato I may have two to sell if they don't fit the 2009 Autotrail Cheyenne we are in the process of changing to - I just hope they will fit!!

Sorry you've lost me? Who are Wyvern Leisure?

The link is for Marcle Leisure and, as I said, they don't list the latest model.

Now, whether that is because they don't fit or other (legal?) construction and use or alleged safety reasons I know not but if I do need to replace them I will ask - as well as search elsewhere.

On the other hand our village blacksmith is a dab hand with a welder and he might be able to rejig them for me - and before anyone starts on about safety and construction etc - yes, thanks, I know - but it's my risk and I will take it thanks!!

We shall see in a couple of weeks when I measure up and take the seats out!

snowie - 2012-08-02 1:31 PM

Hi Flicka;

we have a Ducato PVC, converted to our own design.

I've just been out to the van and with perseverence I've managed to turn the drivers seat fully thro' 360 degrees! It's necessary to rake the seat all the way forward, and then rake it back once you've got past the steering wheel, and the seat position is pushed so far forward that the table position encroaches on the "galley" It's not a very convenient arrangement.

There appears to be someting seriously amiss with your swivel IMO. Are these original Fiat swivels or some aftermarket ones? IIRC my seat is a few 'clicks' from front, procedure when parking is, lower righthand armrest 'kick' swivel release with left foot and swivel around, that simple, and thats with steering fully out, did you do as I said, slide steering column down, move seat fully forward then turn?

p.s. BTW you can get idea of pos'n of my seat from first photo above, handbrake button is roughly aligned with screw in seat side panel.

colin - 2012-08-02 7:03 PM

There appears to be someting seriously amiss with your swivel IMO. Are these original Fiat swivels or some aftermarket ones? IIRC my seat is a few 'clicks' from front, procedure when parking is, lower righthand armrest 'kick' swivel release with left foot and swivel around, that simple, and thats with steering fully out, did you do as I said, slide steering column down, move seat fully forward then turn?

p.s. BTW you can get idea of pos'n of my seat from first photo above, handbrake button is roughly aligned with screw in seat side panel.

I'm tempted to start a new thread colin; but just one final question;

are Fiat swivels fitted with the release levers in the centre; i.e. on the same side as the seatbelt release?

I've a friend who's just changed his van and now has a Fiat/autotrail something or other with swivels, so I'll make some comparisons.

It would be nice to know make/manufacturer of swivels, but that's one of the problems of having a van converted.

regards,

alan b

You can get some idea of what my swivel looks like from the photos above. Not sure if it's original Fiat item but it seems a well built professional designed bit of kit. The release lever is near front inboard corner. What ever, if when rotated the seat is too close to table even when up against steering wheel, this is a layout problem and different swivel will make no differance.

p.s. One of the 'accidental' plus points of our layout, is that it's RHD cab but LHD layout behind, so the main seat for dinette is passenger seat which can be slid back and forth with no steering wheel in way, but we still usualy rotate drivers seat as well.

Archived