Any thoughs on a replacement for our Hymer? Rapido?

Ian0354

Guest JudgeMental

after the BIG end of summer shows in Germany is a good time to look as many PX vans become available and dealers want them shifted before winter. in fact Düsseldorf a good show to visit as lot's of vans advertised on camping ground attached to show, 1000's of vans park up during the week

There are many good manufacturers in Europe, Derek mentioned a good few, I saw a very nice LMC van when I first looked,but because you seemed specific in your requirements I did not bother mentioning it.

with mobile.de it is very easy to search with specific requirements and leave manufacturer blank, you may discover something you really like.....

Hi Ian,

You asked on our experience of Burstner quality. We bought our Delfin in 2006 from Chelston Motorhomes and apart from the battery not charging up properly on our first day- something not connected properly and fixed immediately by Chelston- and a cupboard door catch having to be replaced 3 years later, we did nothing to the van. Chelston did all the habitation servicing and the Renault Master (3 litre) didn't falter once. We just had to watch our speed in it as it drove exceedingly well! It was a beautiful, comfortable van, was driven all over Europe and we loved it and we heard from Martin at Wokingham Motorhomes that the people who bought it from them, when we had part exchanged it ,were very happy with it. If they had made a smaller one- at 6m- we would have had another. Hence our slight worry that the Rapido had a hard act to follow- but that has not been the case. Both vans have been superbly reliable and stylish.

As for sockets, yes, we have had more fitted- not exactly expensive to do.

I think if either a Burstner or a Rapido van has been well looked after and serviced, they should be as reliable as any van out there.

Good luck with your search.

Susan

Archived