Can you understand "Tesco"

fred22

Hi, can you understand this new language "Tesco"

Just got back from a visit to their Stafford store and three announcements were made over the shops PA system and I could not understand one of them

I know I have no need to worry because last time I was in the store I couldn't understand the announcements but then neither could other shoppers around me and two members of staff.

I mentioned not being able to understand at customer services and they promised to inform the manager?? No better

Perhaps they should hand out translation sheets as you walk into the store, or, better still, teach the staff to speak in a language we can all understand.

"Asda" is nearly as complicated and I haven't listened to "Railway" recently

I hope they don't use "Tesco" in an emergency

I was lucky enough to be on the station at Carshalton many years ago when a West Indian announcer stated that the train we were all waiting for was delayed due to a "Set Change"

What came over was that it was delayed due to a "sex change".

The giggling then started which meant that someone went up to the announcer and told him how his announcement had come over and try as he might - he could not say it again for laughng. Which was hilarious to us travellers.

If you have never been on a cold wet station in winter when everyone starts laughing together, - believe me - you have missed one of lifes very best experiences.

One I will treasure.

CliveH - 2012-04-18 5:53 PM

....If you have never been on a cold wet station in winter when everyone starts laughing together, - believe me - you have missed one of lifes very best experiences.

For heaven's sake Clive!..delete that before FG sees it..or you'll never hear the last of it! (lol)

CliveH - 2012-04-18 5:53 PM

If you have never been on a cold wet station in winter when everyone starts laughing together, - believe me - you have missed one of lifes very best experiences.

If Gump had been on the platform you could have played a game trying to spot him because if his attitude on this forum is anything to go by I would hardly think Gump has smiled in his life let alone laughed.

A more morose person, forum wise that is, I've yet to encounter although there are two others on this forum that come close.

Of the other forums I belong to only one other person came close but he had an excuse. He was an Englishman, married to a Welsh person, living in Scotland. Same attitude as Gump though but the Mods banished him two years ago and peace has reigned ever since :-)

fred22 - 2012-04-18 4:02 PM

Hi, can you understand this new language "Tesco"

I know what you mean Fred.

It would be nice if they announce first that there was to be a following public announcement so that people could fine tune their hearing and get ready :-)

It sounds like they have their head in a bucket.

postnote - 2012-04-20 12:11 PMWho on earth shops at Tesco, we only shop at Waitrose. A far better cliental? :D

I do agree with you on this occasion Postnut. I do notice a far better class of person at my local Waitrose, those for instance who can spell clientele. ;-)

Come on, there's a good doggy, admit it, you're a Netto man really! ;-)

francisgraham - 2012-04-20 1:40 PM

Come on, there's a good doggy, admit it, you're a Netto man really!  "

That would be difficult, F.G.! Netto( U.K.) sold 193 of their stores (now converted to Asda, Morrisons & Ugo stores) in 2011 and ceased trading in the U.K later that year :-S

Keep up with current events Francis, there's a good chap -- I did enjoy your 'twitting' of 'sicknote' however!

Cheers,

Colin.

• 2 weeks later...
francisgraham - 2012-04-20 1:40 PM
postnote - 2012-04-20 12:11 PMWho on earth shops at Tesco, we only shop at Waitrose. A far better cliental? :D

I do agree with you on this occasion Postnut. I do notice a far better class of person at my local Waitrose, those for instance who can spell clientele. ;-)

Come on, there's a good doggy, admit it, you're a Netto man really! ;-)

You promised that you wouldn't mention doggy again after you were caught in that layby... :$ :$

Archived