"Tickets please!"

poacher

Leaving aside the lawfulness or otherwise of A-frames, wherever

With particular reference to Spain at the present time

I am researching the disparity in penalties and offences for which 'tickets' have been issued to the rs of motorhomes whilst using an A-frame in Spain

This is a factual research project based upon copies of of actual 'tickets' collated and is thus far proving very interesting

Will any forum member who has 'fallen foul' of the authorities in Spain and been issued a 'ticket', with whom I have not yet been in contact, please be kind enough to contact me either by pm or on 07836 325916 (at a reasonable hour)

I am seeking a copy of the ticket issued for it to be included in my research (stories of tickets issued / fines imposed are being excluded in order to give the research some validity)

Tickets for similar alleged offences elsewhere in Europe also appreciated

Thank you in anticipation for a deluge of replies / tickets - if anyone has done this before, would appreciate a pointer towards same

poacher

Research results available / posted in due course - hopefully before this winter's "run to the sun"

Request posted elsewhere - apologies for duplication

Why is the information being compiled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically to determine 'fact from fiction'

Intrigued by the many / various postings of different forums about the 'ticketing' of motorhomes towing A-frames when transiting Spain - I start making some early enquiries

These to date have indentifed widely varying financial penalties across Spain and scrutiny of 'tickets' has raised questions about the alleged 'offences' for which the penalties have been imposed when referenced back to Royal Decree quoted on the 'ticket'

This perhaps suggests isolated and inconsistent enforcement?

IF this can be proven (hence the factual nature of the research based upon 'tickets' collated), then

a) someone 'armed' with the research findings might stand a better chance of disuading roadside enforcement not to issue a ticket ,

b) the brave soul who eventually takes matters to Court can argue their case with substance and perhaps get clarification for us all,

c) it would prove useful / of interest to the action, I understand, being progressed by others through the European Community framework,

d) A-frames and the like are a 'pet interest' of mine - as some know!

poacher

Guest JudgeMental
the number if A framers on here probably insignificant and those that travel to Spain even more so...good luck anyway, but seems slightly futile.....

Mike B. - 2012-04-18 8:59 PM

At least someone is trying to get a difinitive answer

Good luck to him

Mike

"Someone" being the operative word! I am always suspect of any-one who does not give any info. No Name or area! It's a bit like all the calls we are getting re insurance

claims on loans. Never had a loan , but they seem to think I have.

Thank you to those who have taken the trouble to read / post

Day 1 of posting across the 5 motorhome forums proved very interesting - somewhere around 400 readings, indication of one other 'ticket' of which I was not aware

Stalwart - there is nothing clandestine about my research, my telephone number is in the posting - for further info and possibly to appease others, I am a retired Police Traffic officer, I live in the South-west of England when not touring - we own a motorhome and tow on an A-frame - I am trying to do something constructive to seperate "fact from fiction" in regard to the use of A-frames - particularly in Spain - (There is to be no follow up marketing or cold calling post my research) - sorry to have offended

poacher

Guest 1footinthegrave

With respect what's the point, even if different penalties have been handed out, either AFrames are legal or not legal in Spain so surely it's kind of irrelevant, you go there with one with the full knowledge you may get ticketed.

I can just see someone with little or no command of Spanish trying to argue the toss at the roadside,because of some "study" carried out by an individual however well meaning, that they can quote back in the UK, life's too short mate, find something better to do with your time that would benefit more people.

Here's a suggestion, why not take on the DVLA for allowing private companies to obtain our details that they charge for, who then in turn dish out parking "fines" of £80. ;-)

Guest JudgeMental

We all know fines are being handed out, we also know the amount of fines are inconsistent. We also know if you tour around chances are higher of getting fined as your odds increase. if you have a quick dash down, leave van on site and a quick dash back chance of fine less.

what should be asked is location of where fines are being handed out, so a map of areas to avoid, where police more active can be built up......

poacher - 2012-04-19 5:47 AM

Thank you to those who have taken the trouble to read / post

Day 1 of posting across the 5 motorhome forums proved very interesting - somewhere around 400 readings, indication of one other 'ticket' of which I was not aware

Stalwart - there is nothing clandestine about my research, my telephone number is in the posting - for further info and possibly to appease others, I am a retired Police Traffic officer, I live in the South-west of England when not touring - we own a motorhome and tow on an A-frame - I am trying to do something constructive to seperate "fact from fiction" in regard to the use of A-frames - particularly in Spain - (There is to be no follow up marketing or cold calling post my research) - sorry to have offended

poacher

Good luck with the research - it's nice to see someone prepared to put in effort rather than just natter.

It may well be that you've been following the A-framing-in-Spain discussions on this forum but, if not, the apparent wide variation in fines was explained by BGD here:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=27153&start=1

poacher - 2012-04-18 6:47 PM... This perhaps suggests isolated and inconsistent enforcement? ...  poacher

So what?

I seriously doubt that even if you were able to collate enough information to 'prove' this, it would assist with any of the outcomes you claim to hope to achieve.

Inconsistency in law enforcement, even amongst your undoubtedly beyond reproach peers, is common and widespread; it's even institutionalised. 

It's well known that UK police force policy in one area might target and penalise speeders or drunk drivers far more diligently than the neighbouring force for example.

Crying and bitching to a traffic officer (let alone a magistrate) in one area that you are not so readily stopped for speeding in another will rightly hold no truck. 

To say nothing of an individual officer's discretion or ruthlessness.

I don't wish to cause any offence but I'm surprised you would set off on such a pointless venture given your experience.

You'd be on a futile mission here in the UK, let alone in a different country with a judicial system largely based on an expectation of strict compliance.

One guy I know was stopped and bribed 18 times within the first 100km of crossing a central american border by border officials, the police, the army, and customs officers. I've been locked up in Venezuela for simply being with a mate who didn't have his passport on him whilst walking down the street!

We have it easy, let it go mate.

different regions of spain probably have different attitudes towards a frames,with their seperate fine structure,also at the policing level it still verges on (franco) style. drop it.anyway,when i see a frames in use (wearing out tires and drivetrain )with no purpose,it tells me that what they would really like is a nice big car and a caravan, but the financial lost is to much to swallow! so they seem like a reasonable compromise. B-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
tazdog6007 - 2012-04-19 1:04 PM

different regions of spain probably have different attitudes towards a frames,with their seperate fine structure,also at the policing level it still verges on (franco) style. drop it.anyway,when i see a frames in use (wearing out tires and drivetrain )with no purpose,it tells me that what they would really like is a nice big car and a caravan, but the financial lost is to much to swallow! so they seem like a reasonable compromise. B-)

Tazdog, trust me, don't go there................................................... :D :D :D

Archived