Electrical connector under drivers seat

dpsuk999

If it ends in a plastic terminal with spade fittings in the 9mm+ region it'll be the standard Fiat 'auxiliary battery' loom. They fitted this provision for an extra battery on some of the versions intended for use as motorhomes /  ambulances etc. It's wired, if I remember correctly, directly in parallel with the starter battery with no split charging circuitry. You should get a nominal 12V reading across it whenever there is a starter battery connected.

crinklystarfish - 2012-04-20 8:51 AM

If it ends in a plastic terminal with spade fittings in the 9mm+ region it'll be the standard Fiat 'auxiliary battery' loom. They fitted this provision for an extra battery on some of the versions intended for use as motorhomes /  ambulances etc. It's wired, if I remember correctly, directly in parallel with the starter battery with no split charging circuitry. You should get a nominal 12V reading across it whenever there is a starter battery connected.

I agree with that but I have utilized it with a fuse connection from my solar panel control to charge the vehicle battery when not charging the leisure batteries and vice versa.

John.

Archived