Excellent Service

david lloyd

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bertieburstner - 2012-04-25 8:37 AM

re the company "report" I make my living as a commercial finance broker and lender and can let you all know that I would most definitely not make any lending decisions based on a free web company search such as this. :-D

Thanks for that as we are very interested in an IH.

grahamw - 2012-04-25 7:39 AM

Brian Kirby - 2012-04-24 9:27 PM

IH charge top dollar for their vans and whereas it is good to know that when things go wrong they go the proverbial mile, and more, to put them right, that is, in truth, no more than one should expect at their price level. In truth, it is exactly what one should expect, and receive, at any price level. To me, this reflects more what we, as buyers, are being lulled into seeing as exceptional service than what, in reality is exceptional service. As a certain varnish manufacturer is fond of boasting: "it does what it says on the tin", and so it should. No more, no less.

If we are being lulled into feeling that the service we are receiving is "exceptional" then we are being lulled into thinking that the service we are experiencing is (by definition) an exception or uncommon. I think many people of experience with motorhomes and more particularly experience of dealers at home and abroad will readily recognise when the service they are receiving is uncommon and an exception. The other end of the scale also applies - service can be exceptionally bad. Again, I think most experienced people can recognise when the poor service they have received is the exception or uncommon.

Graham

Yes Graham I think most people can.

Colin Leake - 2012-04-23 5:06 PMI feel sorry for you Tracker ...What this forum needs is a tool to enable those of us who wish to to filter out abusive postings. Me I find them amusing. Sadly for some reason I never seem to manage to get any aimed at me. It's as if I don't exist.

For God's sake Colin, you half-witted imbecile, don't take sides in a Tracker v Judge spat, it'll only make them think anyone gives a sh*t.

There - hope that helps.

Any converter, of any nationality, that makes a good and timely job of putting stuff right without any grumbles is surely worth a mention in the public domain.

IH, it seems, did just that.

Not seeing the point in the ongoing navel contemplation surrounding this simple principle.

I don't normally get involved with this praising dealers lark as they shouldn't need it they are only doing their job.

Our Hymer a year out of warranty I noticed some blisters on the door where the finish appears to have reacted with the aluminium. When we went for the annual damp check I pointed it out to the dealer he agreed it shouldn't happen on a van of that age. He took some photos also pointed out a couple of other problems I hadn't noticed, he contacted Hymer, their response was do whatever is necessary.

So at the moment my van is at the dealers in Belgium having a new £2500 door fitted.

Not bad considering the van was a year out of warranty when I reported the problem, I wonder what the chances of a British dealer & manufacturer responding like that.

crinklystarfish - 2012-04-25 9:04 AM
Colin Leake - 2012-04-23 5:06 PMI feel sorry for you Tracker ...What this forum needs is a tool to enable those of us who wish to to filter out abusive postings. Me I find them amusing. Sadly for some reason I never seem to manage to get any aimed at me. It's as if I don't exist.

For God's sake Colin, you half-witted imbecile, don't take sides in a Tracker v Judge spat, it'll only make them think anyone gives a sh*t.

There - hope that helps.

Any converter, of any nationality, that makes a good and timely job of putting stuff right without any grumbles is surely worth a mention in the public domain.

Not seeing the point in the ongoing navel contemplation surrounding this simple principle.
Ahhh....the reasoned voice of sanity at last - I never realised just how difficult it could be to get a very simple point over. I received very good service (whether it should be expected or not) and for that I am grateful and acknowledged so.It would seem some people would not wish to do so even when they do get what they expect as good service.As far as IH 'being in trouble' I agree with others that these free company information sites are not really as in touch with the true position. I know that Ih, like most motorhome dealers and manufacturers, have had a hard time of it through the last couple of years but having been to the factory I would say they are doing well under the circumstances and now that new euro 5 vans are filtering through they are able to fiulfill waiting orders for new conversions.Thank you to one and all for your interest and comments. Whatever you drive enjoy the experience.David

crinklystarfish - 2012-04-25 9:04 AM

There - hope that helps.

Thanks I feel much better now!

peter - 2012-04-25 8:30 PM

jhorsf - 2012-04-24 11:32 PM

I think IH are struggling at the moment

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/04252170

Brownhills don't look too healthy either. :-(

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/00760320

As has already been said above, using such sites to check is fraught with danger.

From the dates on the report, and the address, I think you'll probably find that that is one of the previous incarnations (I think almost the original) that was taken on by insolvency practitioners Kroll around the dates the last accounts are shown as being filed, and isn't now actively trading, but hasn't been fully wound up yet for some reason.

I think you'll find that this is the current incarnation (and leave you to work out whether the figures, if you choose to believe them, are better or not!)

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/02999408

jhorsf - 2012-04-26 5:13 PM

It is very interesting to see when an advertiser in the mag gets a link changed so it no longer works shame they forgot about copy and paste

I am sorry I don't understand you.Which advertisers and how have they altered their link?

Guest JudgeMental
jhorsf - 2012-04-27 2:54 PM

Try the IH link it no longer works as it now comes up with no details

copy and paste the same link into your own browser and you will see the difference

But where is this link plse? I cant see an IH link on here......

Guest JudgeMental

Ah!...I see what you mean......

These so called financial information companies a cheap rip, if limited the company records in public domain anyway.

I wish them well, employment figures bad enough! *-)

And now for something completely differant ! (flying circus, refers to judge and trackers 'Spat' ) always a good piece of entertainment.

We have met several very Satisfied IH owners on our travels, one couple were on their way to pick up a brand new one, and were trading in their 4 year old one. They had nothing but praise for the whole 'set-up', and were happy customers despite the relatively high 'ticket price'.

I think that us British are quite 'Loyal' when we get good service, and tend to get 'Attached' to brands we trust, Even though in business these days 'brands' are easily sold/changed/ extingushed so are in reality pretty meaningless. Read : Ace/Autocruise/ Compass/ Herald to name but a few.

The 'Marketing men' seem a ruthless bunch, wonder how many loyal customers they have lost, by being insensitive ?? Anyway hope IH, Murvi and many other British Independants survive this recession, we 'like' to buy British if we can, and like 'British laid out Vans' with electric heating/hot water elements/ Full ovens at a reasonable height, good lounge-about lounge seating. IF and when a Euro van supplies these 'essentials' and with a 'Hab' door on the 'correct' side, I might be tempted, but not until then. Ray

Guest JudgeMental
have looked at website and for the life of me cant see any reference to payloads, what I did see is size of tanks and fridge I mean come on...60 litre fresh and 40 litre waste! 2 x 6kg gas,and 68 litre fridge, totally inadequate IMO. How much are these vans again? cant see prices either!lol :D

Archived