Excellent Service

david lloyd

Guest Tracker

I do have to agree with Eddie on water and gas capacities, although the fridge capacity would be fine for us.

I am not a great fan of panel van conversions in general, although I can see their advantages, but at first glance this company seems to have come a long way, although I have not seen their products live to assess the finish and build quality.

That said, their early conversions were well made if a little basic and they seem to have progressed well - http://www.wildaxmotorhomes.com/

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JudgeMental

The finish looks good, no question. but a bit OTT for our tastes, we prefer simple functionality. and certainly dont want leather.Or 25 inch wide single beds. They don't say what chassis, 3300 or 3500. if the weight of the conversion is reason for small services then alarm bells should start ringing, and serious questions asked re payload. 3300kg chasis supposed to handle better as well

my van: 100 litre fresh, 90 litre waste, 2x11kg gas, 100 litre fridge.over 400kg payload on a 3300kg chassis.

At Excel show, vans that stood out and looked good value to me were Vantage and surprisingtly Devon, dont know why that is, as Devon well established,but you just dont here much about them....Wildax sound familiar, and might have been on our "not bad" list but all details at home on PC....

Home | Login

I.H. MOTOR CAMPERS LIMITED

Tweet

Companies House status: Operating under Voluntary Arrangement

Company Information

Registration Date: 13/07/2001

Registration Number: 04252170

Type: Private Limited with share capital

Accounts filed on: 11/02/2011

For period to: 31/08/2010

Category: TotalExemptionSmall

Registered Address

GREAT NORTH ROAD,

FERRYBRIDGE

KNOTTINGLEY

WF11 0BS

Website

http://www.ihcampers.co.uk

Advertise on this website

Activities

SIC classification code: 7487

SIC classification: OTHER BUSINESS ACTIVITIES

Telephone

for the mentally challenged among you

the point was the companies house status

Operating under Voluntary Arrangement

JudgeMental - 2012-04-29 6:40 PM

The finish looks good, no question. but a bit OTT for our tastes, we prefer simple functionality. and certainly dont want leather.Or 25 inch wide single beds. They don't say what chassis, 3300 or 3500. if the weight of the conversion is reason for small services then alarm bells should start ringing, and serious questions asked re payload. 3300kg chasis supposed to handle better as well

my van: 100 litre fresh, 90 litre waste, 2x11kg gas, 100 litre fridge.over 400kg payload on a 3300kg chassis.

At Excel show, vans that stood out and looked good value to me were Vantage and surprisingtly Devon, dont know why that is, as Devon well established,but you just dont here much about them....Wildax sound familiar, and might have been on our "not bad" list but all details at home on PC....

Bigger water tanks, more gas capacity, bigger fridge, no carpet on walls, 3300/3500/3850kg chassis, no elec water heater, microwave oven, no leather on seats, smaller beds........................

Just ask and they will do any of it for you.

Didn't buy any of my motorhomes from the brochures - saw them and talked to the dealer (or in this case the builder) and got what I wanted not what was on the shelf.

david

Guest JudgeMental
jhorsf - 2012-04-29 6:55 PM

for the mentally challenged among you

the point was the companies house status

Operating under Voluntary Arrangement

OK, I now see your point! One step away from...........Yes they look in a far from healthy position*-)

but most must be getting by by the skin of their teeth in present economic situation. But I would not be giving ANYONE a healthy deposit in this day and age.... and would only buy from stock..No way worth the risk!

jhorsf - 2012-04-29 6:55 PM...for the mentally challenged among youthe point was the companies house status Operating under Voluntary Arrangement

The validity of the point was maybe lost in the general lack of lucidity of previous posts, and not particularly elegantly rescued by random insult.

I hope they survive though. At least they seem dedicated to turning out good quality bespoke products, and the good steady flow of positive feedback they have received over the years for product and after sales service would ensure success were there any natural justice.

For non-PVC fans they do, of course, make C class stuff too.

I don't have a desire to own one myself but find it a bit odd that here we have an example of a British company that are giving it a good effort, willing and capable of turning out as good a 'van as any - and much better than most; which is then gleefully undermined for actually doing the very things that the same critics often bemoan the British are crap at.

Guest JudgeMental
But a lot of us looking for something that does not look like granny's living room and more like an old fashioned caravan then a functional camper van. Also I don't like companies that are economical with technical information. More importantly, I also want value for money..no wonder they are struggling.

crinklystarfish - 2012-04-29 3:55 PMIs there a right side for a door?

Had a look at some IH PVCs at Peterborough. They seem alright on the face of it and I can see how the shiny and specially-tooled-up-for moulded and engraved bits appeal to people.

Good on them for giving their niche market targeting a proper go.
Yes, The kerb side is the right side, the road side is the wrong side. easy peasy. Rayunless of of course it's in the rear panel, that's fine too !

crinklystarfish - 2012-04-30 2:45 PM
Rayjsj - 2012-04-30 2:03 PM 
crinklystarfish - 2012-04-29 3:55 PM Is there a right side for a door? 

Yes, The kerb side is the right side, the road side is the wrong side. easy peasy...

Doesn't that depend on which side of the road I park?
And which side of the Road you drive on, Ray

JudgeMental - 2012-04-30 10:59 AM

But a lot of us looking for something that does not look like granny's living room and more like an old fashioned caravan then a functional camper van. Also I don't like companies that are economical with technical information. More importantly, I also want value for money..no wonder they are struggling.

That is your opinion.Not everyone would agree.Its nice to have a choice isn't it?

Archived