tHE PERFECT CAMPER FOR SECURE travel anywhere

plumbersvan

:-D Today as i trudged along the rain soaked carpark at the shopping center i saw the perfect camping car base B-) A Brinks armored security van 8-) With aircon :-D Bullet proof windows and wheels *-)

With one of those converted it could park in the worst suburbs of Barcelona Madrid or Paris :-D Overnight stops at service stations worry free :-D

Large windows and cameras if someone is pushing his knife into the tier at a traffic stop a press of a button to release a teargas spray 8-) :-D

At night a laser to illuminate the would be campingvan robber then fry him *-)

A vehicle or two attacking one in front one behind a press of a button and an oil spray which put the car off the road,the one in front would have to get away from such a battering ram camper :-|

Travel in absolute security

Guest JudgeMental
That it is still raining in France...I'm astonished! :D 24 deg AGAIN today in Alicante, We had some nice tasty sardines on BBQ yesterday for lunch, not sure of weight, but more then enough for 2 and they cost 2.50 euro

That isn't the Crinklestarfish wagon is it?

Regarding uploading photos, I always get the server error notice. If you just ignore it and do nothing for a minute or two, then go back to your post you'll find that the picture is there. Thats what probably happened in your case.

:'( I thought it rained in Spain?There is a song about spanish rain :-D

The sardine issue has resolved itself with fileted sardines at 5.95kg 8-) Unfortunately i bought 2 dozen oysters which were 2.6kg :-( I must learn to look more carefully as my 10% saving on oysters bought by the dozen was was made worse as they always give you 14 oysters to the dozen but not by the kilo *-)

The rain seems to have affected my judgment :-(

Forecast rain rain and more rain :-( :-(

bob b - 2012-04-20 8:18 PM

That isn't the Crinklestarfish wagon is it?

Naah, I couldn't afford one, or the 6 mpg. MAN KATs are also known as 'noise cooled' - enough said!

My own window guards are to protect the windows from bushes and what have you but they do make it look secure - they are also too high to reach from outside - every little helps.

1273352251_StarfishWindowGuards.jpg.f84b30ffc3389e557323d10b46287641.jpg

Guest JudgeMental

yes rain rain and more rain saw it on BBC news this morning.....but not down here!:-D have not had waterproof out yet in over 3 weeks ,the odd short shower, but another hot and wonderful morning and costs so cheap down here...

Are you still in Bordeaux region? *-)

14 to the dozen Fiona? Aah that's nostalgic! My grandfather owned a baker's shop in Hitchin and when my father served in the shop for him in the late 1890's-1900's, a "baker's half-dozen" was 7, therefore a "Baker's dozen" was 14 -- not 13 as I have heard many people quote it -- so -- that's fascinating if French fishmongers still use the same measure!

Thanks for that Fiona,

Happy travels -- it is raining here in Wiltshire too!

Colin.

The weight of most of the overland vehicles are under 7500kg fully loaded so most of us can drive. I have seen the unimogs in Africa, impressive, but fuel consumption is also impressive for the wrong reason.

Also saw one in europe with a motorbike hung of the back and went green with envy albeit my wife was not impressed.

Peter

Anyone genuinely interested in an overlander might want to have a look at my website for the ins-and-outs of what's involved in making one.

http://www.triptruck.net/ 

Cheaper than you might think to build and run (on most ex NATO vehicles). 

You could make two really well equipped ones for the price of a current IH panel van conversion.

Naturally, if you are paying someone else to do it things are different, and for a top end professional conversion on a current Merc or MAN by the likes of ACTION MOBILE you can suddenly be half a million euros lighter.

Tony Jones - 2012-04-21 4:24 PM

And where do you attach the towbar for the A-frame??

>:-) >:-)

Tony that's a naughty word.

The one you "modified" appears to have a winch and hook on the back, so you could tow a four wheel drive , "For emergencies"

PJay

Archived