Peterbourough advice from Warners on camping!

chris

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ChrisB
The last (and only) time I attended in poor conditions traction mats or the ubiquitous bread basket pads were a must. We managed (just) to drive away, but many others had to be "tractored" out.

Guest JudgeMental

The poor ground condition and lack of proper drainage has been an issue with this show ground for years!

should improve site or move show elsewhere...

Guest Tracker
JudgeMental - 2012-04-25 9:36 AM

The poor ground condition and lack of proper drainage has been an issue with this show ground for years!

should improve site or move show elsewhere...

I promise not to make a habit of agreeing with you Eddie - but you are absolutely right about the soft ground at Peterborough!

I think that we will give it a miss this year - which is the main reason that we never pre book and get ourselves obliged to either go or to lose the payment.

* UPDATED SHOW NEWS - NON-BOOKED CAMPERS
Due to the unprecedented number of pre-booked campers, the current weather conditions and the now confirmed loss of land due to the weather, we have had to make the decision that in order to accommodate our pre-booked campers, we will be unable to accept any non-booked campers at this show. 

If you would like to attend as a day visitor, then click here for your discounted voucher

Guest Tracker

So what about the hundreds, maybe over a thousand, non booked motorhomers who are not forum members and will have no other way of knowing that they will be refused entry?

What are they supposed to do on arrival - especially on a cold wet dark evening - some having driven probably many miles and all day?

Come on Warners - you should be able to do better than that - maybe you should be prepared to sacrifice some of your profit to help those people who showed faith in your organisation?

What an almighty shambles - time perhaps to relocate to a drier location in 2013?

Wonder if there is room in your parking lot then.....what a load of rubbish, too many pre booked ! !

Who made that decision you or the showground, get a grip its only rain....good ol England, cant cope, wrong type of rain maybe !

Well,3.5 - 4T plus,predominantly front wheeled drive MHs,usually with mininal ground clearance AND muddy fields,is not usually a good mix is it.... :-S

But as the weather has turned so bad(..and with TV reports of flooding in some areas of the country),I would like to think that folk would have the common sense to check with any venue prior to travelling any major distance...

(...if these folk were booked into a rally-field/campsite,surely they'd check with them beforehand..? :-S )

Edit: Manu..I don't think it's wrong type of rain..more like the wrong type of "terrain"... ;-)

Guest Tracker
pepe63 - 2012-04-25 1:20 PM

Edit: Manu..I don't think it's wrong type of rain..more like the wrong type of "terrain"... ;-)

Or the wrong type of organiser!

Tracker - 2012-04-25 1:34 PM

pepe63 - 2012-04-25 1:20 PM

Or the wrong type of organiser!

Warners are probably waiting for your advice.

;-)

Guest Tracker
malc d - 2012-04-25 3:05 PM

I have no experience of running a show Malc - Warners on the other hand have a lot of experience gained over a lot of years - and they should be well used the good old British weather by now and have proper contingency plans in place.

Tracker - 2012-04-25 5:07 PM

malc d - 2012-04-25 3:05 PM

....and they should be well used the good old British weather by now and have proper contingency plans in place.

..they have..they've told "campers" who haven't booked,to just get day tickets... (lol)

..and not forgetting,that "..this is the wettest drought since records began..." (lol)

Well we're here on the showground and its a tad damp. Rained most of the way here and apparently had been raining here for hours. There is a sludge gulper/gulley pump truck going round sucking up the wettest parts. Not raining at the moment but sitting here watching the wildlife, ducks, rooks/crows and starlings mainly but I did see a red Kite over the A605 on the way here so not all bad.

D.

I have never heard such slabbering, dribbling, cods wallop in all my life from some of your posts.

How to hell are Warners supposed to tell the Non-booked not to attend and only come as day visitors. Do you think for one reason they have all the Non-booked punters tel nrs etc so that they can call and advise them.

The only sensible post came from Pepe63

End of rant

Guest pelmetman

Look's like a quick dash to the wholesalers for wellies and umbrellas....................and then to Peterborough to make a killing :-D................

Dam *-)..............can't go......................................we have to pack Horace for Spain ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Barney123 - 2012-04-25 5:36 PM

I have never heard such slabbering, dribbling, cods wallop in all my life from some of your posts.

You don't get around enough Barney ;-).......................you should visit chatterbox (lol) (lol)

Thanks Chris

got your email so checked on here, we have travelled half way more or less and in Tewksbury for tonight, was travelling on in the morning but unusuall for me i havent booked so dont think we will bother driving another 2 hrs.

Tracker - 2012-04-25 12:55 PM

So what about the hundreds, maybe over a thousand, non booked motorhomers who are not forum members and will have no other way of knowing that they will be refused entry?

What are they supposed to do on arrival - especially on a cold wet dark evening - some having driven probably many miles and all day?

Come on Warners - you should be able to do better than that - maybe you should be prepared to sacrifice some of your profit to help those people who showed faith in your organisation?

What an almighty shambles - time perhaps to relocate to a drier location in 2013?

What a load of absolute rubbish. What are Warners supposed to do-ring everyone in the country with a motorhome and say 'if you haven't booked don't come it's full?'

Get real-people can see the weather forecast, it's hardly Warners fault-if you don't advance book anything you take a chance-if it's full when you get there it's your fault for not pre booking

As for thousands driving through storm and tempest unbooked-more fool them

Mike

Archived