What have I done?

Bolly1965

Just been out and bought a bike! I haven't ridden a bike for 30 years so this should be fun.... or maybe not. As a dyed in the wool petrol head I'm amazed I haven't come out in a rash being in close proximity to a form of transport without a motor!

Anyone any idea how much weight a Fiamma bike rack will hold? It's not a particularly heavy bike but want to be on the safe side it the OH decides to have one too.

30 years isnt a long time :-D it was probably more like 38 years for me!! anyway you are probably, if your wife hasnt got hers yet better looking for an aluminium lightweight as its more a case of your vans weight as well as the bike rack 8-) I think!! and how it is attached to the van.

The experts will be along shortly no doubt to tell you.

Bolly1965 - 2012-04-28 11:55 AM

Just been out and bought a bike! I haven't ridden a bike for 30 years so this should be fun.... or maybe not. As a dyed in the wool petrol head I'm amazed I haven't come out in a rash being in close proximity to a form of transport without a motor!

Anyone any idea how much weight a Fiamma bike rack will hold? It's not a particularly heavy bike but want to be on the safe side it the OH decides to have one too.

Beware !!

Don't try to go too far too quickly.

I used to ride a lot in my ' youth ' then had about twenty years off.

Bought a bike, and immediately thought I would wander off somewhere for the day.

What actually happened was that I went about two miles up the road, including a ' slight ' hill, and my legs gave up on me. I got off and staggered off to a farm gate to prop me up !

Now cycling regularly with no problem - so it does come back.

Take it easy and enjoy.

;-)

Guest JudgeMental

most Fiamma racks only 30-35kg. some are 60kg. if you have bought a cheap heavy bike you probably wont enjoy the cycling, or lifting it onto the rack. Some very nice and resonable bikes at 12-15 kg tops

If it don't work out as you planned, fit an electric kit and feel 30 years younger....and flatten those hills! :-D

Guest pelmetman

When we moved to Lincolnshire we bought a couple of mountain bikes to help get us fit ;-)..................they have now traveled 1000's of miles but I'm still overweight :-S

Apparently your supposed to take them off the bike rack 8-)

pelmetman - 2012-04-28 1:34 PM

When we moved to Lincolnshire we bought a couple of mountain bikes to help get us fit ;-)..................they have now traveled 1000's of miles but I'm still overweight :-S

Hiya fatty (lol)

Guest pelmetman
knight of the road - 2012-04-28 6:49 PM

pelmetman - 2012-04-28 1:34 PM

Hiya fatty (lol)

Wot you doing over ere Malcolm?.............you trying to start a fight or sumit 8-)............You wanna get back to "Chatterbox" before the asylum attendants find yer missing ;-)...............

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Archived