We NEED Rain??

Caddies104

Guest Tracker

You won't be complaining about rain when you too get empty reservoirs, dried up rivers, hose pipe bans and standpipes in the street!

Meanwhile - bring it on and let's get the water supplies and rivers back to normal!

Guest Tracker
Caddies104 - 2012-04-29 12:43 PM

Your right of course Tracker, so hope this rain is moving Eastwards, lol (lol)

Just being selfish for a change.....

Abracadabra - your wish has been granted!!!

Just got back from a wet walk with the dogs in the Forest and drove over the Avon - last week it was a trickle - with gravel banks exposed midstream.

Now it looks like it should.

Trouble is where I drove over is only about 16 miles from the sea. So all that lovely fresh water they say we need is now on its way to dilute the channel a bit.

Hope they have systems to pump it into reservoirs :-S

Its been a horrible day here today wet, windy and cold with it, just had a nice tea so I am now going upstairs for a log soak in a hot bath.

Then into bed to watch some of my fave TV programmes on picTV, Britcops and the Australian Border Control and see how the Ozzies deal with drug smugglers and illegal immigrants etc.

knight of the road - 2012-04-29 5:55 PM

Its been a horrible day here today wet, windy and cold with it, just had a nice tea so I am now going upstairs for a log soak in a hot bath.

Then into bed to watch some of my fave TV programmes on picTV, Britcops and the Australian Border Control and see how the Ozzies deal with drug smugglers and illegal immigrants etc.

I like that Australian Border control. They don't mess about. Your not coming in mate. Then straight on the next plane back to where they came from. Our lot should watch it and learn!

CliveH - 2012-04-29 1:26 PM

Just got back from a wet walk with the dogs in the Forest and drove over the Avon - last week it was a trickle - with gravel banks exposed midstream.

Now it looks like it should.

Trouble is where I drove over is only about 16 miles from the sea. So all that lovely fresh water they say we need is now on its way to dilute the channel a bit.

Hope they have systems to pump it into reservoirs :-S

Where we are the Environment Agency use the flood defence barriers to hold back the waters on the Medway then release them in a controlled manner to allow Southern Water to pump as much as possible into the reservoirs further down stream. Nice to see the two agencies working together and showing some common sense.

Retread24800 - 2012-04-29 9:23 PMRain for the last month, expecting two dryish days Tuesday and Wednesday and then rain forecast for another 10 days and temperatures not above 18°C.

B-) Welcome to Sunny France B-) 

My heart bleeads!!!!!!! (lol) (lol) (lol) Driving over Cranbourne Chase on Saturday it was 8 degrees outside and totally *issing down. Truly bloody awful weather.

Colin Leake - 2012-04-29 10:17 PM

knight of the road - 2012-04-29 5:55 PM

I like that Australian Border control. They don't mess about. Your not coming in mate. Then straight on the next plane back to where they came from. Our lot should watch it and learn!

I was talking to a friend of mine that had spent some time In Singapore which is an amazing place for rules in that Chewing gum is banned and throwing a cigarette butt on the ground gets you arrested. The result is that the place is stunningly clean. What an amazing diference to the UK.

He had a friend there who like all of them needed a work permit. But when his mate came to renew his it was refused on the grounds that on all three occaisions when this guy had flown back to the UK and then back into Singapore he had tried to exceed the duty free allowance.

When he tried to "reason" with the Singapore Authorities that this was really a rather minor thing for him to be "guilty" off - their reply was that doing the same thing three times was indicative of someone who did not want to follow their rules and so Work Permit denied.

The down side of Singapore is that the policing there is virtually all "covert" - when we were there on a stopover to Oz - we mentioned to the Taxi driver taking us to the airport that we had heard no Police Sirens or seen any Police cars (Blue Light jobs) - He said quietly that all Police were plain clothed and that was so you never knew who they were. 8-)

knight of the road - 2012-04-30 10:17 AMJust imagine, covert police? you would be frightened to breath, what amazes me about our Brit cop shows is the petty sentences meted out or quashed by the courts.I could comment further but better not or I will be accused of racism by our PC members.

Don't mention a slap on the wrist or you will have some ambulance chasing lawyer trying to sue for assault.............

I have just driven back from Poole to home and drove the A31 under the A338 Bournemouth Spur road underpass. The banks each side of the road under the A338 are covered with rubbish.

What a bloody awful impression to give to holidaymakers and visitors to the UK.

• 2 weeks later...
Tracker - 2012-04-29 10:53 AM

You won't be complaining about rain when you too get empty reservoirs, dried up rivers, hose pipe bans and standpipes in the street!

Meanwhile - bring it on and let's get the water supplies and rivers back to normal!

Tracker

Are they full yet, as We,re getting a little wet up here!!

Guest Tracker
Caddies104 - 2012-05-11 1:38 PM

Are they full yet, as We,re getting a little wet up here!!

Nope!

Some reservoirs are getting up around 80% but we are now told that the ground water levels, and it now seems that about half of our drinking water comes from bore holes and underground sources, are still 'dangerously' low.

So I can only think that it must have been the wrong sort of rain to be able to get into a reservoir or out to sea but not get underground - duh!!

Retread24800 - 2012-04-29 10:23 PMRain for the last month, expecting two dryish days Tuesday and Wednesday and then rain forecast for another 10 days and temperatures not above 18°C.

B-) Are you "C242 URP" if so i saw you last week in the Eleclerc parking :-D Ive never seen campers like either of yours 8-) What are they?I must add im very new to campingcar ing dont know one from another other some are longer than others 8-) Yours were different 8-)

plumbersvan - 2012-05-11 3:02 PM
Retread24800 - 2012-04-29 10:23 PMRain for the last month, expecting two dryish days Tuesday and Wednesday and then rain forecast for another 10 days and temperatures not above 18°C.

B-) Are you "C242 URP" if so i saw you last week in the Eleclerc parking :-D Ive never seen campers like either of yours 8-) What are they?I must add im very new to campingcar ing dont know one from another other some are longer than others 8-) Yours were different 8-)

Sorry that wasnt me in E LeClerc Just back from lac Levassieu  about 56Km east of Limoges, lovely Aire overlooking beach and Lac. As for what is my CC Its an Early 1993 example of arguably the most successful 'A' Class or Integrated CC ever produced, for an internal view see here Classic Hymer Travels with Roger Thomas but you cant see its major asset the over cab pull down full size double bed.

PS Its sunny and 29°C Today!!!!!!

Looks very good

Ive been doing the washing,so much i counted one day free at the camping for not washing in a laverie *-)

Hear i feared rain, 8-) as the day progressed a blue patch spread sun arrived :-D although the wind is blowing off the sea the wash dried B-) Good day

There were two parked a long one and a less long one,i found them interesting *-) a change from the endless white prison vans with a sheet of white plastic at the back and no window 8-)

They may both have been mercdies but the smaller certainly was.I was looking this afternoon as i have wi-fi didnt find much,ive put it on my list of to look at with intent to buy

Im whizzing around France in a borrowed camper,id like another camper before i have to bring it back to the UK and the one i saw i like more and more

Was 23c hear is now 20c blue & bit of a wind off the sea

I wish you a very pleasant trip in your wonderful camper & less rain

Archived