c b radio

big olga

I played with CB when it became legal but frankly was embarased by those that insisted on talking with an American Accent - so pretty soon dropped it.. I think the last straw was a Brummy with an appalling false accent calling himself "Rubber Duck" or similar.

Then mobiles cam along and never saw the need.

That said we have two sets of little 8 channel hand-held walky talkies that are great when holidaying with friends and touring about.

We have tried to use them at various shows but all the kids in the area seem to use them and all we got is four letter words from children who thought transmitting such silliness was "big".

When we all meet up on site - we tend to txt each other with the important things like - what time we are all meeting in the Clubhouse.

Many years ago when I had to travel on business in the good old US of A I used to use one. As I approached the town I was planning to stop at I used to go on line and ask if anyone could recommend a good place to eat. The Americans were fascinated with my English accent and many would invite me round to dine with them. I met many interesting people and had many a good meals that way. Great fun.

Drivers also used to use it to warn each other of police speed traps which was very handy.

donna miller - 2012-04-29 1:55 PM

The small hand held walkie talkies are ideal to use , the secret to using them is to choose a frequency inbetween the main 8 channels and keep that one to yourselves.

Well if they both find one and keep it to themselves how can they talk to each other?

postnote - 2012-05-03 2:52 PM

donna miller - 2012-04-29 1:55 PM

The small hand held walkie talkies are ideal to use , the secret to using them is to choose a frequency inbetween the main 8 channels and keep that one to yourselves.

Well if they both find one and keep it to themselves how can they talk to each other?

Postie, you are like PMS, you seem to appear about once a month and annoy people.

funny.jpg.b6cd206c7a6df117f41cfc04c30b78a7.jpg

Archived