waste tank

uptonogood

Guest peter
My van has traps on all sinks/shower. But it stank badly at the outlet, so I poured a bottle of cheap bleach down the sink plus cheap bio liquid plus plenty of water. Left it in for a couple of weeks, went for a drive round to slosh it around before draining. No more stink.

I had the recurring smell problem from the handbasin.

I solved it by pulling up some slack on the waste pipe and forming an "S" bend in the pipe level with the basin outlet. so water is trapped in it just like a domestic system.

Works fine and "Costs Nowt"

Cliffy - 2012-05-01 12:43 AMI had the recurring smell problem from the handbasin.I solved it by pulling up some slack on the waste pipe and forming an "S" bend in the pipe level with the basin outlet. so water is trapped in it just like a domestic system.Works fine and "Costs Nowt"
That is the answer , if your van system does  not have a water  trap  then fit one and make sure there is always water in the trap,I always leave the shut off valve  on my waste tank open and catch waste water in a bucket  and dispose of it as I can and we are careful as to what gunge we let into the tank in the first place , this helps to prevent a build   up of spoil to  rot and smell.

Guest peter
Retread24800 - 2012-04-30 11:53 PMYup Washing powder and a good drive works but if you fit your sinks and shower with this it keeps the smell away like a U Bend and traps stuff before it blocks the pipes up.

Sink Trap

That's whats fitted in my van. They are cheaper from here.http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/water/smev_sinks/Smev_Waste_Fittings.aspx

peter - 2012-05-01 4:36 PM
Retread24800 - 2012-04-30 11:53 PMYup Washing powder and a good drive works but if you fit your sinks and shower with this it keeps the smell away like a U Bend and traps stuff before it blocks the pipes up.

Sink Trap

That's whats fitted in my van. They are cheaper from here.http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/water/smev_sinks/Smev_Waste_Fittings.aspx

if you want cheaper note these both have a water trap unlike the SMEV fittings shown on you post

Water trap but priced in €'s But parts, if available, are usually cheaper in the UK.

Archived