Now that I am retired

nightrider

Now that I am officially retired and thanks to my doctor, oncologist, urologist and the magnificent help, advice and guidence off the McMillan nurses I am not now allowed to do anything physical not so much as bend down and pick a tanner off the floor, they have told me get in my car and hit the road and go here there and everywhere and enjoy myself and dont worry about finance as they will look after me, nuff said?

Guest Tracker

Get yourself a laptop or tablet computer with an internet capability so that you can keep in touch and if nothing else keep us all up to date- then just go and enjoy.

If you end up within a reasonable range of KIng's Lynn and need any help let me know and I will come out to you - if we are not away - and you are always welcome to visit us - if you are brave enough!!

If you would like our contact details let me know and I'll pm them to you.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are others within this community who will also offer their help and support to you, should you need or wish it, Malcom.

Are you still here!!!

Tracker - 2012-05-08 10:09 AM

Get yourself a laptop or tablet computer with an internet capability so that you can keep in touch and if nothing else keep us all up to date- then just go and enjoy.

If you end up within a reasonable range of KIng's Lynn and need any help let me know and I will come out to you - if we are not away - and you are always welcome to visit us - if you are brave enough!!

I wouldn't be surprised if there are others within this community who will also offer their help and support to you, should you need or wish it, Malcom.

Are you still here!!!

Malc , don't do it , I've read a lot of crazy stuff on here but visiting Rich must be the craziest . sitting in the same room as Rich for any longer than 5 minutes would surely end in thoughts of suicide :-D

Guest Tracker
Maybe Antony - but King's Lynn has to be a helluva lot more conducive to staying alive than the dubious delights of Uddersfield!!

Guest Tracker

Never mind Antony - it could be worse - you might be living in the aptly named Grimsby or - perish the thought - Hull - or even Fleetwood - so you and your kind and generous mates do have something to be cheerful about.

It's an ill wind that blows through Uddersfield every day - as the saying goes!

Caddies104 - 2012-05-09 6:43 PM

Malcolm

I would look on a Weather map and find somewhere where it is not raining, then follow the Sun, if you can find it..

Good luck.....and best wishes

Caddies,

Thanks for your best wishes but unlike a lot of our members who are sun worshippers and travel to all the exotic hotspots heat and bright sun do nothing for me, bright sunlight hurts my eyes and being fair haired the sun burns my skin easily, so if ever you come across a guy with a big hat and dark glasses say hello it will probably be me, I prefer to be able to walk round in a nice comfortable temperature with no wind or breeze and absolutely hate that sticky suntan oil.

Tracker - 2012-05-08 5:24 PM

Never mind Antony - it could be worse - you might be living in the aptly named Grimsby or - perish the thought - Hull - or even Fleetwood - so you and your kind and generous mates do have something to be cheerful about.

It's an ill wind that blows through Uddersfield every day - as the saying goes!

Hey Richard,

Fancy saying that about Fleetwood thats where my ma in law was born and bred, in a little fishermans cottage just near the lighthouse. Nice little place but no public toilets all closed down now to save money, but got some lovely new trams.

Tracker - 2012-05-08 10:09 AM

Are you still here!!!

Yep, I'm still here alive and kicking, to look at me you would never think I have a life threatening problem, that morphine is good stuff.

I'm getting used to this car I have just bought and would like to take you up on your kind offer, would be nice to meet up and have a natter and a drink or two.

The thing that really brings a tear to my eyes is all the help and support that is on offer from various organisations its like belonging to an exclusive club.

Archived