Thule clip on bike carriers

william1

We have a Thule 2-bike carrier which clamps onto a tow hitch. A bit heavier than I thought it would be but it works well. "outside" bike is secured on the arm with a lock but additional lock/ bungees etc can be added. We cover them with a cover from Halfords.

Much easier to load than the fiamma-type which was bolted to rear of previous van we had . Not cheap I suppose but a good product.

Hi I have one and it does what it says on the tin, Carries 3 bikes and is firm and secure.

Unless you need a towbar circa £350 plus thule bike rack £100

you can get a fiamma bike rack for the back of your tracker that fits above the spare wheel for cira £150

Richard

I recently bought the Thule Easy Base 949, pricey but well made. The advantage for me is its flexibility to carry other things than bikes and its easy fitting and removal. Its a little on the heavy side and it does mean you need a fair bit of spare rear axle load which I fortunately have. I usually carry one or two bikes and an awning on it. Each bike weighs about 12KG and the Khyam Excelsior awning is a similar wieght. This keeps the motorhome interior clear but means a max of about 55Kgm loading on the tow bar.

peedee

We have a Thule towbar carrier for two electic bikes and it does what it says on the box !

Thule EuroPower 916

It is more akward than heavy to fit on the tow bar, a second pair of hands (briefly) does help to lift on and align. The carrier came with a roll up ramp which works quite well, as I unable to lifr has much as I used to.

We found the most difficult thing to obtain was a suitable cover to use whilst travelling. Mainly because the electric bikes are slightly longer than other bikes. We heavily butchered a Talyor-Made (or silver screens fame) bike cover with our trust Singer sewing machine and ended up with a suitable cover.

Rgds

Archived