Diesel Prices Today

Randonneur

That's a VERY cheap price for diesel in France!

I've not seen prices anywhere near as low as that in France for a long long time.

(You sure the till girl hasn't made a mistake?)

We were up there ( Provence region) for 3 weeks very recently, and prices were between about €1.41 and €1.50 per litre.

Back here in inland Costa Blanca, Spain, I've just today paid €1.37 at our village garage.... at a 1.25 exchange rate that's about £1.10.

BGD - 2012-05-15 8:17 PM

That's a VERY cheap price for diesel in France!

I've not seen prices anywhere near as low as that in France for a long long time.

(You sure the till girl hasn't made a mistake?)

We were up there ( Provence region) for 3 weeks very recently, and prices were between about €1.41 and €1.50 per litre.

Back here in inland Costa Blanca, Spain, I've just today paid €1.37 at our village garage.... at a 1.25 exchange rate that's about £1.10.

Hi Bruce,

no she didn't make a mistake. We have been up to Poitiers today and passed Carrefour in Angouleme were we filled up yesterday and today it is 1.329 cheaper still. On the way to Poitiers on the N10 the cheapest was 1.34 euros. Just done a 200 mile round trip to the Hospital so we need the fuel to be as cheap as possible.

Guest Tracker

In France some 'cheap' diesel contains a much larger bio content which may not suit the rubber compound seals in some diesel engine injector pumps - particularly older ones - and the cost of repairs if it doesn't will make you wish you hadn't bothered!

It may well be perfectly OK but better to know the risks before you pays yer money and takes yer choice.

Personally - I'de rather pay a few pence/cents more to make sure that I get the real McCoy without too much bio crap in it!

What price peace of mind?

Just back from France and during the last 5 weeks we paid between 1.429e and 1.319e in France - the latter being at an Intermarche at Soubise near Rochefort - it was nearly as cheap as the fuel we got in Spain at 1.315e (you're paying too much Bruce!!! :D ). We topped up before leaving France at the Le Clerc at Boulogne Sur Mer at 1.352e as it is cheaper than Calais.

Archived