Powacycle windsor and salibury electric bikes

william1

Hi, I have one of each (for the wife and I). We have had them for 2 years and they have traveled with us throughout Europe and the UK. They were certainly the envy of the locals in Olympia, Greece and only once did we have to dismount when trying an exceptionally steep hill in Wales last year. One thing of note is that I purchased an extra bar for the bike frame (total x 3) so that I could tie the wifes through- step bike on either side of the 'U' frame thus making it more secure and less twist or distortion of the bike rack. Of course the batteries are quite heavy and travel inside the motor home, not on the rack with the bikes. All in all, for the price, I have been very impressed with them (I also purchased the pannier for my bike which allows us to make purchases in the local towns and/or carry provisions and jackets etc).

Guest JudgeMental
a bit basic and old fashioned but do the job I guess, there are better and more enjoyable e bikes around...Have a look over on pedelec e bike forum

Not sure of the price range you are looking at, but we purchased a couple of Freego bikes. The Freego rep arranged for us to hire before you buy from our local dealer. If we purchased we got the hire price deducted from the price.

We tried them for a "short day" covered about 20 miles on some pretty steep hills around Worthing. and purchased them. No problems so far, apart from a battery and charger that had a problem but that was replaced within a couple of days from the supplier.

Pedlec Freego report here

Rgds

My daughter has a Powacycle Salisbury and has had it for around two years. Superb bit of kit, don't understand the 'basic' comment as it has all you could desire, including three forms of power assistance, a very long range and a very quick speed (much quicker than the spec suggests or is legally allowed). Only proviso is make sure it is the LPX version as that is far better than the earlier power supplies and motors. A very robust peice of equipment at a very good price, £399 in her case, totally reccomend.

Bas

Archived