Help needed CI Carioca 694

Mickydripin

Hi can anyone help.

I have Two lights flashing on my habitation display panel it says that my wast water tank is full I took it to Towtal to have a towbar fitted about three weeks ago before that I had flushed my system out and drained the tanks so everything was OK.

yesterday I refilled my tanks for a test before going on my travels and the lights started to flash I went down to Towtal and they said that there may be tissue or somthing that had got on the sensors in the tank but I have got sives in the plug holes and never allow any rubbish to go down the plughole.

Also my pull handle on my tank went missing they said it must have fallen off also they managed to scratch my front wing also a fuse was blown on the 12v side (they sorted that) when I got it back " I know a lot of also`s".

My van is a CI Carioca 694 have you had the same problem or can help with the flashing lights? or tank sensors.

Towtal say that they would have to take the tank off to inspect it for problems as the service hole is at the top.

Mike.

dont know if this is of any use, but on my rollerteam the waste tank has 2 electric conectors on the outside of the tank, if these get wet the tank indicates its full, also if one is disconected it indicates its full, so i cleaned em up, reconected smeared a load of grease around them, and not had any probs for 3 years now, only beeps when full B-)

jon

ps, i would have thought the tank wouldnt need dropping, cos the sensors are on the side and easy visable, also take it back to towtal and get em to do your wing, and the pull handles dont just drop off they are screwed on to the pull rod!! i would say its been bashed off when they fitted the tow bar 8o|

Contributor

Profile PM

dont know if this is of any use, but on my rollerteam the waste tank has 2 electric conectors on the outside of the tank, if these get wet the tank indicates its full, also if one is disconected it indicates its full, so i cleaned em up, reconected smeared a load of grease around them, and not had any probs for 3 years now, only beeps when full

jon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps, i would have thought the tank wouldnt need dropping, cos the sensors are on the side and easy visable, also take it back to towtal and get em to do your wing, and the pull handles dont just drop off they are screwed on to the pull rod!! i would say its been bashed off when they fitted the tow bar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi to you both I will try to clean the connectors on the sensor and see what will happens.

Towtal did try to repair the scratch but not very good and said that they would try again when I got back off my travels in September.

Re the pull handle they said that it was not there when I took the van in which I know it was as I did some work on the van before I took it in and used it to dump wast water.

I have costed a new handle and a CI dealer said it would cost me £65 plus vat it must be made of gold.

I am just going out to my local garage to see if he can make one for me as it is only a 50cm bar with a thred on one end and a handle on the other.

My brother in law is a motorhome security/electrics fitter and has had a lot of ex Towtal customers electrics to sort out.

It is possible if your vehicle has 'canbus' electrics that something has been 'damaged' during the fitting of your towbar and/or the associated electrics.

Mickydripin - 2012-05-24 12:25 PM

Contributor

Profile PM

dont know if this is of any use, but on my rollerteam the waste tank has 2 electric conectors on the outside of the tank, if these get wet the tank indicates its full, also if one is disconected it indicates its full, so i cleaned em up, reconected smeared a load of grease around them, and not had any probs for 3 years now, only beeps when full

jon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps, i would have thought the tank wouldnt need dropping, cos the sensors are on the side and easy visable, also take it back to towtal and get em to do your wing, and the pull handles dont just drop off they are screwed on to the pull rod!! i would say its been bashed off when they fitted the tow bar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi to you both I will try to clean the connectors on the sensor and see what will happens.

Towtal did try to repair the scratch but not very good and said that they would try again when I got back off my travels in September.

Re the pull handle they said that it was not there when I took the van in which I know it was as I did some work on the van before I took it in and used it to dump wast water.

I have costed a new handle and a CI dealer said it would cost me £65 plus vat it must be made of gold.

I am just going out to my local garage to see if he can make one for me as it is only a 50cm bar with a thred on one end and a handle on the other.

theres only 1 of me! although some people might say i'm big enough for 2 :-D

£65 for a handle JEEESUS!!! haven't had time to look around but there has got to be summat!! it's just a handle

let me know how you get on

jon

theres only 1 of me! although some people might say i'm big enough for 2

£65 for a handle JEEESUS!!! haven't had time to look around but there has got to be summat!! it's just a handle

let me know how you get on

Hi Silverback Result!!.

I went to my local garage and he gave me a peice of threded bar whoever took it off left the long nut connector on the peice connected to the tank and I managed to bend one end in to a circle for the pull handle and fastened the other end to the nut with a couple of locking nuts.

It looks tidy and it is just under the van so can not be seen unless some theiving scrote knows what they are looking for and as I said Result and thanks to the garage it cost me nothing.

Mike

Archived