beer!

petethebiker

hi all

i am both brand new to this forum and also to motorhomes in genral. However that is about to change, as i should be getting our first r.v. in july. it is one of those large american rv's. You know, the one you dread meeting on a narrow country lane!! It is quite old 1992 but in good nick a c class 28ft. From zero to huge in one swoop! i tend to ramble a bit so please excuse me for that!! my question is how do you stand for drink ect in the camper being ex caravanners it was never a problem (though trying to do a barbie when your'e mullered is a bit tricky!! )As a camper is a motor vehicle and a set of keys and a stomach full of beer is not the way to go!

pete

Guest Tracker

Welcome to the nuthouse Pete - I don't mind meeting big vans on narrow roads as long as we both know how to reverse and handle our machines - it's all part of the fun!

Beware of booze in a motorhome as you are technically still in charge of a road vehicle in the eyes of the law or a zealous Mr Plod although as long as you are off the public highway or on a site I doubt it would be an issue?

Im going to give you an opposite view. Do not worry about having a drink. The coppers if they could be bothered (and they wont be) would have to prove intent to drive and this has been covered in depth on many forums often with input from policemen or retired policemen and particulary on www.wildcamping.co.uk where most members prefer to wild camp rather than use sites. Technically you could be done for being in charge or driving a vehicle while drunk in any public place or anywhere where the public might be so that could include a campsite! It isnt going to happen though.

People say hide the keys etc which you can if it makes you feel better just dont get so p*ssed you cant remember where you put them the next day!

I have on a couple of occasions talked to the coppers while wilding with a beer in my hand sat outside and they were only interested in the van.

hi all

Thanks for the reply's, there doesn't seem to be much to worry about, though it's something i have often wondered at, as i could not believe that rv owners were all tee total!! I am hoping to both wild camp and stay on proper sites, as being a yank it is self contained with it's own gennie.

As you can probably gather by me "andle" i am also a biker and not one of those bikes hanging on the back end of rv's either! If i tried that with mine the back end would probably lift off the ground!! as at 350kilo it's a bit "eavy"!!(not that there's anything wrong in those,a bikes a bike!!)only mine is a 1500 full dresser which i hope to drag around on a trailer in aug. as long as we get decent weather!! i have done my time on bikes in the wet and cold!! Am going up to derby on monday now so am taking me "diggie" along and will upload a few pics so all can see (and have a laugh!!) at what I have let myself in for!! As i am also going to get a car to tug along for extended trips(not at the same time as the bike!!)can any one reccomend the best company to use for the A frame?There are at least five that i have come accross!! preferably the one with the most choice of vehicles.and could turn it around in a day

thanks pete

May I take the liberty of reminding you that it is an offence to carry offensive weapons such as knives in a vehicle. Suggest you only carry plastic ones!

Regular members of this forum will remember that we carry a bear in our motorhome but we we keep him securely locked in the garage!

Guest pelmetman

I wish to advise you that posting a topic about BEER on MMM is borderline madness.......... 8-)

I suggest you seek rehab in "Chatterbox" at your earliest opportunity ;-)

Colin Leake - 2012-06-02 8:08 PM

May I take the liberty of reminding you that it is an offence to carry offensive weapons such as knives in a vehicle. Suggest you only carry plastic ones!

Regular members of this forum will remember that we carry a bear in our motorhome but we we keep him securely locked in the garage!

.... that reminds me ... have you checked he's still there Colin? Hubby is certain he saw him in the woods at one of our wild-camping spots in France ... I kid you not. 8-)

Hubby'd taken the dogs out before we went to bed and said that 2 eyes were 'glowing' back at him ... whatever it was then made a loud 'roar' type noise (well that's what he said ... I didn't hear it) and it then ran off ... he's never got back into the van so quickly!!! :$

He even made me go back out with him (he push our dog Romy out of the door first! *-) ) and also again at 4.00 am when our pup Tazzy wanted to go out for a wee ... (lol)

.... so if your bear is missing he's gone on holiday and is probably lost in France from the 'fright' he got at the sight of my hubby late at night in his pjs! :D

Mel B - 2012-06-02 10:40 PM

Colin Leake - 2012-06-02 8:08 PM

.... that reminds me ... have you checked he's still there Colin? Hubby is certain he saw him in the woods at one of our wild-camping spots in France ... I kid you not. 8-)

Hubby'd taken the dogs out before we went to bed and said that 2 eyes were 'glowing' back at him ... whatever it was then made a loud 'roar' type noise (well that's what he said ... I didn't hear it) and it then ran off ... he's never got back into the van so quickly!!! :$

He even made me go back out with him (he push our dog Romy out of the door first! *-) ) and also again at 4.00 am when our pup Tazzy wanted to go out for a wee ... (lol)

.... so if your bear is missing he's gone on holiday and is probably lost in France from the 'fright' he got at the sight of my hubby late at night in his pjs! :D

These guys really did find a proper big scary Bear!

Awsome.

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-125835-days0-orderasc-0.html

Archived