Autosleeper Drivers Armrests

SipsiBach

Hi Folks , my very first post on this site. I have read most of the posts with great interest.

I have an Autosleeper Legend W reg. I love the vehicle but the drivers seat has sagging armrest and I was hoping that they can be 'adjusted' to some semblance of orriginal.

Many thanks in anticipation. SipsiBach in Sunny Snowdonia.

SipsiBach - 2012-06-01 4:53 PM

Hi Folks , my very first post on this site. I have read most of the posts with great interest.

I have an Autosleeper Legend W reg. I love the vehicle but the drivers seat has sagging armrest and I was hoping that they can be 'adjusted' to some semblance of orriginal.

Many thanks in anticipation. SipsiBach in Sunny Snowdonia.

UK W-prefix registration plates relate to the period 1 March 2000 - 31 August 2000, which is around the time when Ford moved from the Transit Mk 5 to the Mk 6. However, I'm reasonably sure that the Auto-Sleepers Legend was not produced on the Mk 6 chassis. This is significant as coachbuilt motorhomes based on the Transit Mk 5 had different cab seats to those of the Mk 6, with the former usually having a pair of Ford 'captain's chairs' fitted with a pair of angle-adjustable armrests and the latter having seats with a single armest that had no fine adjustment.

My 1996-built Transit Mk-5-based Herald Templar had the seats with twin armrests and, if I remember correctly (and as kelly58 suggests) the the angle of the lowered armrests could be altered via an adjuster beneath the front part of the armrest. Are you sure that your Legend's armrests cannot be adjusted in that manner? Perhaps they have been covered so that the adjuster isn't visible?

I detest cab-seat armrests and removed them from the Herald's seats (replacing them when the motorhome was sold) and I've taken the single armrest off each of my Transit Mk 6-based Hobby's seats. If it turns out that your Legend's armrests' angle cannot be adjusted when the armrest is fully lowered, then it's possible that the mechanism that attaches the armrest to the seat-frame has loosened/fractured causing the armrest to droop. Difficult to advise really without seeing the vehicle (or a photo of the seat).

Archived