Bessacar E540, Fiat and Blue&me tomtom

crbtaylor

Just taken delivery of a Bessacar E540 with the Fiat comformatic 150 engine. Overall we are VERY happy with it and just had our first outing to test it out and sort out the rattles!! The Auto Gearbox is really good. Problem is the Fiat supplied Blue and me Tomtom won't pair with the van. Looking around the internet this seems to be a common problem that has been around for a couple of years and the remedy is to take to a Fiat Professional dealer for a software upgrade. I cannot understand why the problem hasn't been sorted during manufacture????? Now I have to arrange to visit a dealership to get this sorted,,, not good Fiat. I wonder if all Ducato based MH with the Blue&me option have the same problem and does anyone have a fix.http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Hello,

Your query is both interesting and perplexing at the same time....

It is (was) my understanding that the Blue & Me device that is offered in the Euro 5 Ducato is incorporated into the Radio/CD unit. I also believe that the Tom Tom device plugs into a port on top of the dash and communicates with the Blue & Me through that connection. If this were true, there would be no need to pair the Tom Tom with the vehicle; only the vehicle to your phone.

If what you say is accurate and therefore the port that the Tom Tom plugs in to only provides a power supply, and it is necessary to pair your phone with the vehicle and the Tom Tom with the vehicle too I am shocked at how a potentially clever system has been turned into a pain in the behind.

I am glad that you like the base vehicle; especially the comfort-matic gearbox which I have long believed to be a work of genius. Just watch out for those times when you are approaching a junction very slowly and move away without coming to a complete stop. There will sometimes be a delay of about a second when you put your foot on the accelerator and because of this you will naturally be tempted to put your foot down a little more.... when the gearbox has selected 1st you will entertained to a big surge of power following a rather disconcerting shunt from the drivetrain. You will learn to avoid it in future by being more gentle with the throttle or by manually selecting 1st as you slow down to almost a standstill. You don't have to move the lever over to manual to do this, as it will let you make manual selections while in Auto anyway.

Happy motoring and please let us know how this problem works out at the Fiat dealer.

Nick

Ive spent too many hours on google researching this problem and it goes right back to 2010 on different Fiats. From what Ive read the dock on the dashboard supplies power only and the blue&me is a module attached the the vehicle ECU. The pairing problem can only be fixed by Fiat, or so it seems, but if anyone has a solution I would love to hear it. Also on Swifts/Bessacars advert they clearly state that the dock is for the customers own TOMTOM. This isnt true, you have to buy the blue&me tomtom with the dock. Some other models of Tomtom will fit the dock but these obviously wont have the B&M faciliities. So its still back to Fiat.....

Archived