Moderators. WELL DONE

sshortcircuit

Guest Tracker

Funny how we all have different perspectives isn't it - I didn't think it was that bad - and certainly no worse than the general level of bad attitude, bad language and intolerance that seems to pervade and blight our real world nation?

With the July edition of Railway Magazine they have included a copy of Railway Magazine No.1 Vol.1 dated July 1897.

The quality of reporting and the wonderful English used makes you realise how much we have lost.

One chapter is called Pertinent Paragraphs and there is a section on the Midland Railway Company wanting to create a more central station in London.

The area proposed is Brunswick Square "where boarding houses abound and where "young men are taken in and done for."

Guest Tracker

Maybe we, collectively as a nation - not necessarily as individuals - have become far too easily 'offended' by words that we have been conditioned to finding objectionable and maybe we are becoming just a bit over protected by those who mean well by wanting us all to live in their version of a safe and sanitised environment.

Life in the real world is not always sanitised and whilst the vast majority of people are tolerant and decent there are some that are not and I just think that over protection runs the risk of making us too soft to be able to deal with all that life can and will throw at us?

That said there is no need for really bad language on here as it usually means that the writer is unable to think of anything useful to say and so resorts to insults.

I don't think I've put this very well but I hope that you will get the gist of what I am fumbling to say and perhaps discuss it further?

By the way I am not entirely convinced that I totally believe what I have just typed - but is it perhaps an alternative point of view worthy of consideration?

Guest pelmetman
yeti - 2012-06-10 12:01 AM

The sad news is that early this month the English Language Society announced that they were ceasing to exist.

Wot will those pedantic geezers do now?? 8-)........

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest Tracker
pelmetman - 2012-06-10 8:17 AM

Wot will those pedantic geezers do now?? 8-)........

Probably come on here an irritate us instead!

Guest pelmetman
dikyenfo - 2012-06-10 9:20 AM

Talk about ignorant I've only just found out what vajazzled is 8-) 8-) 8-) wot??? you got to be kidding.

At least grandkids keep you informed but I sometime wish they would'nt.

Well what is it??? :-S

OOooooh er 8-).....................sometimes people of a certain age shouldn't google stuff :$ :$

Brazilian wax or shave the area.

Wipe the area thoroughly with the alcohol wipe provided and thoroughly dry the area. The application area must be clean and dry.

Carefully peel off the crystals from the backing, making certain that all crystals stick to the clear sheet. If any of the crystals stick to the white backing, just firmly re-press and peel again.

Guest Tracker
malc d - 2012-06-10 4:05 PM

Tracker - 2012-06-09 11:09 PM

?

By the way I am not entirely convinced that I totally believe what I have just typed -

No change there then ?

;-)

None whatsoever Malc - I often post controversial things that I don't always believe just to put a different perspective and to see how the idea goes down - usually not very well - c'est la vie!!!

When I were a lad we were taught to debate at school and part of that sometimes meant having to defend a view that you did not hold or politely argue against something that you did agree with and it certainly helped me to see many different perspectives on the same topic.

Pity it isn't still taught!!

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2012-06-10 4:14 PM

Mrs Mental is a BIG fan of the procedure.....can I post a picture do you think?

Next time someone say's their Mrs likes a bit of bling............I shall have a very different vision in my mind :D

Guest Tracker
pelmetman - 2012-06-10 4:17 PM

Next time someone say's their Mrs likes a bit of bling............I shall have a very different vision in my mind :D

Me too! - some wonderful pictures being conjured up right now!

I wonder if any of the ladies on here ........................ Er, no, perhaps best not to ask!!!!

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2012-06-10 4:22 PM

pelmetman - 2012-06-10 4:17 PM

Me too! - some wonderful pictures being conjured up right now!

I wonder if any of the ladies on here ........................ Er, no, perhaps best not to ask!!!!

Well at least it gives us chaps another option when trying to find Christmas presents for the Mrs ;-).................................although remembering the frosty response I got to the edible knickers I bought in America 8-)...................maybe not :-S

Guest Tracker
May I suggest reactolite lenses in your specs to reduce the glare for those likely to be blinded by the light!!

Guest peter
JasmineAnders - 2012-06-09 10:50 PM

With the July edition of Railway Magazine they have included a copy of Railway Magazine No.1 Vol.1 dated July 1897.

The quality of reporting and the wonderful English used makes you realise how much we have lost.

One chapter is called Pertinent Paragraphs and there is a section on the Midland Railway Company wanting to create a more central station in London.

The area proposed is Brunswick Square "where boarding houses abound and where "young men are taken in and done for."

What does that mean?, that the young men were kidnapped and forced to be rent boys. Or seduced by the salacious old poofs round brunswick square. Or given a nice hot meal and a bed for the night, when the lady of the house would creep into their room in the middle of the night and slake her lust and frustration at having a boring old fart for a husband.

Or is my imagination running at full throttle and I've got it all wrong again. :$ (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2012-06-10 8:56 PM

JasmineAnders - 2012-06-09 10:50 PM

What does that mean?, that the young men were kidnapped and forced to be rent boys. Or seduced by the salacious old poofs round brunswick square. Or given a nice hot meal and a bed for the night, when the lady of the house would creep into their room in the middle of the night and slake her lust and frustration at having a boring old fart for a husband.

Or is my imagination running at full throttle and I've got it all wrong again. :$ (lol) (lol)

Wonderful thing an imagination Peter ;-)...........................I reckon yours has got you in as much trouble as mine over the years (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
jhorsf - 2012-06-10 9:32 PM

I would assume that would involve sticking the Gems to you Judge

I always thought he was a diamond geezer...... :D

Guest JudgeMental
jhorsf - 2012-06-10 9:32 PM

I would assume that would involve sticking the Gems to you Judge

No No No! I am a firm believer in a more natural finish...That reminds me I need to book an appointment for a back ,crack and sack waxing. No its Mrs M who favours the jewels.....After all diamonds are a girls best friend....

Archived