frazzled by insurance

eric hobson

Hi, is it just me or does everyone have problems with insurance or does everyone say sod it and just get on with it? I finally got a reasonable answer as to insurance for car whilst being transported on a trailer. The car itself is insured by the car insurance company whilst any third party claim is covered by public liability on the motorhome. Whilst making enquiries I also asked Saga about their unlimited cover in Europe. Their answer was although their cover is unlimited, if you stay overseas for 6months and 1 day you are no longer a UK resident and as such have voided your insurance. How many fall in that category? At least it appears I have received a finite answer to my insurance questions. Hopefully can now get on with our touring without worries!!!!!!!!!

Tend to go with the Caravan Club services (insurance, Red Pennant) May not be the cheapest, but by general reports does what it says on the box.

I think its the same with all insurers, you REALLY have to read the small print, and you generally don't get that until you recive the policy.

Rgds

Archived