tyre pressure

merv

Guest Tracker

Welcome to the madhouse Merv.

Tyres are often discussed on here and you will find a bewildering amount of info via the search facility.

Try typing in Tyres or Tyre pressures and searching on Motorhome Matters for the past year.

Next thing is to identify your tyre make, model, size, load rating, speed rating, date of manufacture and then have a look on the maker's website for info.

You will also need base vehicle details and maximum individual axle weights. Ideally for those you will need to visit a weighbridge fully laden but quoting the maker's plated individual axle and gross vehicle weights should be enough to get you started.

Some are more helpful than others and if you are able to contact the maker they may well be able to advise on ideal tyre pressures for your specific application.

Snap! I had the same concerns when I bought my MH and so I called the dealer who sold it to me. He advised me that the door sticker pressure was calculated for the base vehicle (Boxer in my case) carrying its max load of about 2 tons. He advised a pressure considerably lower which I applied and had a much improved ride. Recommend you talk to a an experienced MH dealer familiar with you MH.

Shady - 2012-06-13 8:36 PM

Snap! I had the same concerns when I bought my MH and so I called the dealer who sold it to me. He advised me that the door sticker pressure was calculated for the base vehicle (Boxer in my case) carrying its max load of about 2 tons. He advised a pressure considerably lower which I applied and had a much improved ride. Recommend you talk to a an experienced MH dealer familiar with you MH.

You`ll probably find that your motorhome is running at pretty close to it`s maximum weight which will

be very close to the Boxers maximum weight when fully loaded.

How are your tyres coping with the " considerably lower " pressures, are they showing signs of wear

on the outer edges or have you not done enough mileage yet.

Also it might give a much improved ride, but if they are way to low they will overheat and " may " fail.

Regards.

Archived