Glomex epic fail

wallace m

I have a Glomex sat dome fitted that has stopped working when i got in touch with the supplier he told me that Glomex are working on a fix for it as something has been changed by astra and the alignment has changed.ive emailed Glomex service dept and am waiting a reply has anyone else had problems with their Glomex system since the start of June (?)

Regards

Wallace

Hi, Wallace. I have a Glomex system that worked very well up to several weeks ago. I can still get a signal but is freezes after a few seconds. I spoke to my camper supplier/fitter re same asI felt that it appeared to be something I thought he could talk me through, but he advises that there have been some (frequency??) changes to the satellite and I need to bring the camper back to him as he has a card to access the system and do the changes. He says it is a 15 minute job. I just have not got the time at present to spare to drive down country. It is on my 'to do' list!

I hope the problem is a simple as he says it is!

Regards

Franco

Hi Franco I got a reply from Glomex yesterday to say they were working on the problem and another last night to say my supplier [in the south west of Ireland] has been given details of the upgrade to the software yesterday.Igot in touch with them this morning and they are looking into it and are to get back to me later ill keep you posted

Regards

Wallace M

Hi Wallace M, my supplier is also down south- Horan- please keep me posted on your success. I wont be able to travel for several weeks, so hopefully you will 'lead' and get the update successfully done or advise of difficulties if any!.

Ragards.

Franco

My crysop auto sat stopped working like this, took the box back to the suppliers(roadpro) at the nec show, they had to take it back to their daventry base to fix it, lucily for me, I had handed it in just two days before the warrenty expired otherwise it would have cost around £40.00.

My friend on the otherhand, bought his system just 4 months before the changes were made, but they still charged him £20.00 (conrad anderson) but it would have been a lot more if his equipment was older.

Pete

Hi folks the update is that the newer models can be upgraded by SD card details of this is on www.anchorpointmotorhomes.com.Unfortanetly for me this is not the case as i purchased mine in 2010 and i have to return to Anchorpoint to have it done by them.I spoke to a service engineer in Glomex in Italy [very helpfull] and he reckons once I get this upgrade done that in the future any upgrades can be done by SD card.As ive a good distance to travel James in Anchorpoint is getting a local customer of his to get his done on Monday and make sure all is good before I travel down to get mine done.The guy in Italy reckons there will be no charge as the warranty covers.I will let you know how i get on early next week

Regards

Wallace M

I was charged 40euro by anchorpoint but it cost me another 60 on fuel driving to birdhill but i had been talking to a service engineer in glomex in italy and he reckons if this happens again it can be upgraded by sd card that you can download from their website WHO KNOWS (!)

Hi,
I think there should have been no charge as I am told it's a fault with their system. I am also told the update is free????Some work fine without any update, which is strange.
Lucky you were not caught by the speed van just down the road from Birdhill, 
At least you are up and running again.
Regards,
Brendan

Archived