catagory 1 Alarm

spartan3956

At that price it sounds like it's just a by-pass relay most genuine manufacturers wiring kits are between £100 - £300, I am an ardent DIY'er but I wouldn't want to invalidate the warranty having had problems with a can buss system & knowing time & costs to sort it.

skyrider - 2012-06-28 2:43 PM

we have an alarm called a strikeback security system fitted to our auto-sleeper by van bitz any one got any info on it (?)

Not any more, but If you have a towbar or bike rack. it may be likely that you have a small button switch somewhere in the cab area which switches the alarm on and off for a tow bar alarm. (In glove box or side of passanger facia.

The tow bar alarm conssited of a 7 pin socket near the rear of the vehicle and a long loop wire that could be threaded around a trailer yoke, bike rack (as our case) or similar. Plug in the socket, join the loop connectors, switch on the switch in the cab and any breaking of the loop wire, the alarm goes off.

RGds

skyrider - 2012-06-28 2:43 PM

we have an alarm called a strikeback security system fitted to our auto-sleeper by van bitz any one got any info on it (?)

Yes, it is the system that I got after quite a lot of mooching around. As above, it usually has the bike/trailer loop on it which may help deter scumbags - the bikes are chained to the rack anyway. Not cheap but a good system with first class customer service.

Archived