disabled access

ajking

Hi Mel Now yer be the thing, where i wuz born and brung up on zider, we always spelt without the 'K' but I zpect it be spelt with a 'K' in the posh end of the country. Take your your point about the 'he/her' question but should the argument be about which gender should predominate. Speaking as a man it should be male but speaking as a woman (my wife is looking over my shoulder!) it should be female :-S Alan

Hi Clive we have crossed that aqueduct a number of times but when we traded in the 45' boat for a 60' we found we could get over the aqueduct to the 'pond' but, because of the 2'4" draught, we could not go any further. It turned out that was the last trip we would make. Six months later I was in a wheelchair. That is why my signature of John Lennon's words is so apt! :-S Alan

Please can you enlighten us more as to why you get some toll bridges free for being disabled . we have always paid . But then again it is the children that are disabled not the driver does this count. Also we tend not to stay in this country as we dont find it camper friendly is there anything free in france & if so what do we do...

As I said before as far as I can see, there is no rhyme or reason why disabled drivers get to cross bridges etc without paying the toll but, hey, why worry about it, I don't. ;-) go to this link (>) http://www.dptac.gov.uk/door-to-door/03/07.htm for the list of bridges, tunnels etc. in most cases you have to apply for a pass card, some you just show the blue badge at the Toll booth e.g. Severn Crossings 1 & 2 This link is useful for disabled travellers. There is some info about travelling abroad: http://www.theaa.com/staticdocs/pdf/services/disabled_travellers_guide.pdf

Archived