I but Euros

Hughmer

Side splitting stuff gentlemen. Your witty comments are always appreciated (though probably not by many).

"I but Euros". I must apologise for the typo.

I blame it on old tired eyes, a very small screen on the new phone and the blasted spiel chocker.

Those with wiser heads realised I was seeking to BUY Euros. (Simpe for us Meerkats). Thanks to George and Pauline for getting in touch. Look forward to seeing you in Le Havre.

I'm still looking for another £500 worth of Euros in one lump or smaller lots, - So as ever.. please pm me,

Guest pelmetman
Dumb question :D............how much say on a thousand euros are you saving both yourself and the sellers ;-)..................I'm always happy to cut out the banks B-)...........even more so nowdays >:-)

Just got back from Spain/France. I do have euro.s left, but keep them for next trip. We found that in Spain a few cafe/bars were happy to take £ for the bill, (usually British owners) and were giving a very good rate of exchange. So if you are going to Spain (and the weather is certainly better) have £ on you when out and about.

Enjoy your trip, I can see Portsmouth harbour from my window, and it looks a bit rough at moment!!

PJay

Guest pelmetman
Hughmer - 2012-07-01 4:43 PM

pelmetman - 2012-07-01 2:45 PM

how much say on a thousand euros are you saving both yourself and the sellers

about €50 each

and thanks for the kind wishes PJ

Well that's better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick.........its a meal out :D

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from Adge. Bastille day, - fireworks and Tour de France. What a corker.

vindiboy - 2012-07-01 5:32 PM

I have lots of Euros but I am hanging on to them, they will be back in Vogue one day LOL

You paid what you paid.. but they're worth 2 cents less (maybe more) against the pound compared with when I launched this thread.

The reason most people I know "hang on to them" is more about the spread or the commission they pay on exchange. If you could always get the mid rate your only consideration would be whether the currency is on the up or down.

Which way do you think the Euro is headed against he £ right now? and if you could sell at the mid rate would you still hang on to them?

Archived