looking for tips chausson/ducato 2004 23k

flash

greetings all, i'm new to motorhomes and have just bought the above.would appreciate any thoughts on; awkward gear change (normal?)

spare wheel carrier,how to remove ?

where to buy parts both habitation and cab?

:-S

Hi there,

i can help with the awkward gear change, mine was like that especially

if it had been stationary more than a couple of weeks. The first 15 mins

or so used to be very awkward, not any more.

You`ll get people saying it`s the cables, that`s what i was told and when

i saw the price of them i thought i`d try something else first.

Change the fluid in the gearbox and add 5% ratio of Extralube ZX1.

It`s back as good as new.

If you have the 2.8 the filler is a bit of a pig to get to but not impossible

i have made a filler pipe of some hose pipe and a small funnel, that way

you can fill it from the top without any problems.

Mine now is like a different vehicle, smooth gear change and no problems

if unused for a while.

If your having problems locating the filler message me.

Regards

Graham.

Guest Tracker

Welcome to the madhouse where nothing is sometimes what it seems!!

I doubt the gear change is to do with the oil, as it is far more likely to be rust on the gear change linkage rods between the ends of the cables and the gearbox.

To get at them to clean and derust you need to get right under and get your hands and a light up above the gearbox and there ain't much room and it is a messy and time consuming job!

It's much easier on a garage ramp and if you bought from a dealer he should be able to sort that out for you as it is a common enough issue - as are the others you mention.

Ducato is made by Fiat and any Fiat dealer should be able to provide parts as can motor factors and Halfords for many popular parts.

The good news is I doubt you will need many parts as these vans are generally very reliable - says he tempting providence!

All the heating, cooking, lighting, washing and loo goods are made by other makers and only fitted by the converters and parts for most of these are available - if you need any just ask on here.

Caravan and external body parts may be more difficult to source - others who have this make would know?

Tracker - 2012-07-01 2:05 PM

Welcome to the madhouse where nothing is sometimes what it seems!!

I doubt the gear change is to do with the oil, as it is far more likely to be rust on the gear change linkage rods between the ends of the cables and the gearbox.

To get at them to clean and derust you need to get right under and get your hands and a light up above the gearbox and there ain't much room and it is a messy and time consuming job!

It's much easier on a garage ramp and if you bought from a dealer he should be able to sort that out for you as it is a common enough issue - as are the others you mention.

Ducato is made by Fiat and any Fiat dealer should be able to provide parts as can motor factors and Halfords for many popular parts.

The good news is I doubt you will need many parts as these vans are generally very reliable - says he tempting providence!

All the heating, cooking, lighting, washing and loo goods are made by other makers and only fitted by the converters and parts for most of these are available - if you need any just ask on here.

Caravan and external body parts may be more difficult to source - others who have this make would know?

I give up

Archived