Kwik fit 30% off

Cliffy

Our local Kwik Fit are offering one day only 30% off (Saturday Only)

I have ordered 4 Continental Vancos 215/70 15 R. for £408 fitted complete with balance and valve cores.

It sounds a good deal unless anyone knows different.

I will check the date of manufacture before they start work.

WildBill - 2012-07-05 9:55 PM

Last time I used quick fit I went for an oil and filter change. It went well untill I got 40 miles down the road and the service light came on. Turns out that they forgot to put new oil in after taking old oil out!!!!!!

That has filled me with confidence.

I will give it a good check over before they start and before I drive away on completion.

Hi there,

Glad you are asking to see the " Date code " on the tyres before they fit them.

They might not like it, but , it`s your money and you want " New " ones.

I once had a company try and fit tyres that were already 3 years old.

So long as there is a " wheel at each corner " and you see them torque the wheels

and the pressures are right then i think it will be good.

Sounds like a good deal to me.........nice 1.

Regards

Graham.

A friend went into a exhaust centre, no names, and was told that in addition to exhaust he would need new shocks. Told them to go ahead. When bill came he queried the shocks as a different branch had replaced less than a month previous and that they would have guarantee Bill reduced with red faces. Same group took off a high spec tyre they sold my wife on a banger that does less than 3000 miles a year I was not pleased they had just taken advantage.

Well I had the tyres fitted today, they were date stamped 2312 so only 1 month old.

The bill was as stated and the workestarted on time.

The down side was it took 1hr and 30min to do but on the plus side the free coffe was excellent and I do know my coffee.

The ride on Continentals' does seem an improvement on the previous Michelins' and there seemed to be less rolling resistance but I have only done 10 miles so time will tell,

We asked our local Kwik fit, if they could change the wheels round on our van, but they said they did not have the equipment for our size vehicle, (Health & Saftey) was mentioned. Went a few hundred yards down the road, to a garage, and they did it right away!" Maybe some kwik fit can, and some can't do larger vehicles?

PJay

Cliffy - 2012-07-07 10:17 PM

Well I had the tyres fitted today, they were date stamped 2312 so only 1 month old.

The bill was as stated and the workestarted on time.

The down side was it took 1hr and 30min to do but on the plus side the free coffe was excellent and I do know my coffee.

The ride on Continentals' does seem an improvement on the previous Michelins' and there seemed to be less rolling resistance but I have only done 10 miles so time will tell,

Glad everything went OK and " anything " has to be an improvement on the Michelins.

Mine were absolutely awful. They only had to see a little damp grass and they gave

up and started spinning and was very vague on the road and noisy as hell.....lol

The new ones i got are spot on, plenty of grip on wet roads and on grass and uncannily

quiet on the road.

As for the " Doom and Gloom " merchants you get them with their " horror stories " no

matter what you say or ask.

So long as you have a sensible head on your shoulders ( you obviously have ) and

you take the time to check any work carried out ( shouldn`t have to with the price some

charge ) but in this day and age what with cut-backs and everything it pays to do so,

everything will be fine.

Regards.

Tried to get Continental tyres today from KwikFit was told they out of stock and had no idea when

any more would be in.

As i only wish them for the front would it be ok to fit a differant make ,ie Michelin and keep Continental on the back.

First I would try another Kwik Fit, the guy had to try a few suppliers before he found some, the head office could not supply them.

Blackcircle tyres was the next cheapest after Kwik Fit.

We had Michelin all round before and have found the van haddles very differently (better) with the Continentals and much quieter. I would not like to say whether you should mix them.

Michelins are more expensive than Continentals.

Good Luck

Cliff

Mickt - 2012-07-12 5:32 PM

Tried to get Continental tyres today from KwikFit was told they out of stock and had no idea when

any more would be in.

As i only wish them for the front would it be ok to fit a differant make ,ie Michelin and keep Continental on the back.

Hi Mick.

Have a try at these, i`ve always found them spot on.

http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/

Hope this helps

Regards.

Graham.

Archived