DFDS £29 each way

derek500

There's currently a DFDS promotion for car /motorhome crossings between September 3 and December 13.

£29 each way with the code DF03.

I booked a Dunkerque-Dover return and because the journey began in France I was only charged 29€ each way!!

There is no height restriction. It is either below 2.4m or above. I just got a quote for mine which is over 2.4m and it was £49 to Calais and £39 return 4 weeks later..In September. I am going to have a look at P&O now. They are offering a 4 hour window for an extra £10 (subject to availability). I may take them up on it on the outward journey because we always set off early to travel the 300 miles to the Port because of the state of the motorways/congestion etc'. This way if we get there earlier we can jump on the earlier boat(subject to) plus if we are held up we can get on a later boat. Normally there is a £60 charge for this. :D

Cliffy - 2012-07-13 9:41 PM

Just booked with Caravan Club Out of Dover to Dunkirk on the 27th August returning 24th September. £63 return with DFDS.

Direct with DFDS was £88 return with no codes.

The £29 offer is from September 3rd!!

hallii - 2012-07-14 3:55 PM

Just booked for Sept. Dover Calais with the CCC. £79.06 return for 6m +bike rack.

Dover Dunkirk is OK, we have done it may times, but it does take longer and if you are heading south it is a bit further.

H

Norfolkline have used the going south is shorter from Dunkerque than Calais in their marketing.

Just checked on Tomtom and Dunkerque port to Rouen is three kilometers less than Calais to Rouen.

derek500 - 2012-07-15 10:21 AM

hallii - 2012-07-14 3:55 PM

Just booked for Sept. Dover Calais with the CCC. £79.06 return for 6m +bike rack.

Dover Dunkirk is OK, we have done it may times, but it does take longer and if you are heading south it is a bit further.

H

Norfolkline have used the going south is shorter from Dunkerque than Calais in their marketing.

Just checked on Tomtom and Dunkerque port to Rouen is three kilometers less than Calais to Rouen.

Only if you use the 'shortest' route setting I would think!!! :D

831152995_CalaistoRouen.jpg.936f717a17174f0e0f426abb045e6e0c.jpg

1904476195_DunkerquetoRouen.jpg.0ad5f3fa7df8dfa3d850817c38b177ce.jpg

hallii - 2012-07-15 3:23 PM

Dunkirk to Rouen is 254 Kms Calais to Rouen is 213 Kms. Dunkirk to Rouen takes about 1/2 an hour longer.

That's if Google maps have got it right.

H

They go round the coast, my Tomtom takes me cross country, via Hesdin. Great rotre, been doing it for years.

Archived