ALDI - Oven Shelf Guard - £1.99

aande83

Hi all. This is the 1st time I've introduced a new thread. Just come back from Aldis. I bought a 2 x pack of "The oven Shelf guard" at £1.99 for the pair. Now you may say so what but what I've done is:

a. Cut one strip in half and placed them on the oven wire mesh tray along the length at either side (you know where they rattle on transit). The tray is now firmly set and will not rattle during transit and since these strips are good for up to 260 degrees C, I can leave them in place and do away with the tea towels which the wife (not me I don't/can't cook) can forget about when she initially turns on the oven!

b. The 2nd strip I cut into 3 equal strips and I have fixed 2 x strips to the edge of the cooker glass top on either front side and the third piece on the front edge of the glass cover to the wash basin. I believe this will spread the load and stop rattle and or breakage to the glass as mentioned in previous threads.

Hope this helps someone.

Hi,

In your tip

b. The 2nd strip I cut into 3 equal strips and I have fixed 2 x strips to the edge of the cooker glass top on either front side and the third piece on the front edge of the glass cover to the wash basin.

Oven proof Silicon sheets seem pretty glue proof to me. So please, How did you fix the strips to the cooker glass top. If you did glue them then what adesive did you use.

Cheers Mike

Archived