Used motorhome prices

Guest pelmetman
As far as I know MMM just copy the asking price's from their trade adverts for their guide ;-)..........Campers do seem to hold their value, and once past a certain age its based on condition :D......a bit like mine I've seen some really rough vans for less than 3k 8-)......but good examples 8k :-D

The only guide I am aware of is a section in the Glasses Guide commercial book. You can sometimes pick one a up month of two old up on ebay. I would still check the prices being asked on ebay anyway as realistic value especially the ones on auction rather than classifieds. If they have a load of bids near the end of auction especially.

Guest pelmetman
rupert123 - 2012-07-19 9:53 PM

I would still check the prices being asked on ebay anyway as realistic value especially the ones on auction rather than classifieds. If they have a load of bids near the end of auction especially.

Yep agree with that ;-)......I've been researching trailer sailors of late and have been tracking the prices that they have been going for :D

Useful guide ;-)

Having just sold my Mtorhome I am amazed at the prices. The easiest way to work out if you're getting a bargain is to decide on the model you want and keep checking ebay and autotrader's motorhome section to see what they are going for.

I've found cheaper Bentleys than motorhomes of the same year!

Now do I want a new motorhome or a Continental GT?...

Bolly1965 - 2012-07-19 11:16 PM

Having just sold my Mtorhome I am amazed at the prices. The easiest way to work out if you're getting a bargain is to decide on the model you want and keep checking ebay and autotrader's motorhome section to see what they are going for.

I've found cheaper Bentleys than motorhomes of the same year!

Now do I want a new motorhome or a Continental GT?...

Do remember though, that those are ASKING prices.

That does not mean that those are the prices the item would sell for.........in the end, any item is NOT worth what the seller might like to think, but only what a buyer is prepared to pay.

Guest JudgeMental

Have always found UK prices for what you get poor value. Dealer give high PX if you are buying new from them, and the poor old punter/first time buyer has to pay an inflated price because of this. And so it goes on........ Meanwhile across the water a much fairer and realistic pricing structure exists...

Its just like the housing market where we are all happy to get much more for our house then we truly know it is worth. We are our own worst enemy in the UK, we inflate our house prices through greed, and consequently disinherit and alienate the young and make it impossible for them to get on...... And to a trifling extend we do the same with Motorhomes. I have seen 5 - 6 year old vans for sale when for same money you can get a new European van

JudgeMental - 2012-07-20 8:46 AM

....Its just like the housing market where we are all happy to get much more for our house then we truly know it is worth. We are our own worst enemy in the UK, we inflate our house prices through greed, and consequently disinherit and alienate the young and make it impossible for them to get on...... And to a trifling extend we do the same with Motorhomes...

Well said Eddie..(..don't get me started on "buy to lets" .. 8o| )

Come the revolution Comrade eh?....... ;-)

(Apologies for going Off Topic....)

Archived