garmin nuvi 40/50 LM

Ninian

I have bought the Nuvi 50 a few weeks ago from Halfords solely because the price was good, and my Tom Tom was "end of life". Halfords weren't that good on explaining how it works etc, also took ages updating the maps, and the Garmin webb site isn't the best. On using it at the weekend it was Ok, gave ample warning when approaching speed cameras, although my navigator ( O/H) did say several times it was slow in updating the road ahead as we were passed the road junction before it was shown on the device but it caught up fairly quickly, (was only going 55 mph.)

I've just bought a Garmin Nurvi 50 from Halfords. Reason.....left home to catch ferry to watch some stages on the Tour de France and at Leicester asked the navigator to put the Sat Nag on and the answer was ...." I didn't put it in the van!!!!!" So it required a stop at Northampton to see what Halfords had got and the Nurvi 50 looked the best value.

So far its been fantastic after our old end of life Tom Tom. Not used the Garmin web site ...yet.

Archived