mercedes your opinion

duetto owner

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,
You are very welcome David,but the base vehicle is only half of it,,,,the Motorhome itself is just as important, discounting the banter here,,,irrespective of whatever the base unit it is built on, it's yours, and a possession each individual has a right to be proud of.
Regards,
Brendan

Guest Peter James
peter - 2012-07-26 8:58 PM

The reason the fiat is galvanised it that it is a third the thickness of the merc.

If your merc is 3 times as thick why is it not 3 times as heavy?

Or is it you thats 3 times as thick ;-)

Guest Peter James
Corky 8 - 2012-07-23 6:48 PM

ask One the hundreds if not thousands of white vanman drivers about them

I have - Scottish Gas who run both, and the drivers said the X2/50 is more popular than the Sprinter. The X2/50 drivers had not even heard of the reversing judder. I found the X2/50 is the dogs b*llocks as far as whitevanman is concerned. You really need to drive both though, because they are all very good these days.

If I could find the layout I wanted on a Merc within the 3500 weight limit that being a 70 year old diabetic is all I'm allowed to drive I'd rathe fancy an auto with the big engine. Unfortunately I can't find one and having taken a test drive in a Merc motorhome we had to rule it out as my wife suffers from motion sickens and it rolled about so much that the the embarrassment of the sales guy we had to stop while she got out and was indeed sick!

A friend had a large Hymer many years ago and when I asked him what the ride was like he described it as being one long white knuckle ride. He got ride of it shortly after that.

I'm not anty Merc all the big courier companies use them for one supposes good reason, but do take a test drive and make up your own mind. One mans meat is another mans poison as they say.

Guest Peter James
Colin Leake - 2012-07-31 10:49 AM

Merc all the big courier companies use them for one supposes good reason

The good reason being they get a big discount which the private buyer doesn't get, being expected to pay a premium for the badge. Mercedes a bit like Stella - Reassuringly Expensive *-)

except where punters have more sense and its the same price as the others (lol)

Peter James - 2012-07-31 10:15 AM
Corky 8 - 2012-07-23 6:48 PM ask One the hundreds if not thousands of white vanman drivers about them
I have - Scottish Gas who run both, and the drivers said the X2/50 is more popular than the Sprinter. The X2/50 drivers had not even heard of the reversing judder. I found the X2/50 is the dogs b*llocks as far as whitevanman is concerned. You really need to drive both though, because they are all very good these days.

I live in Dumfries and Galloway and I have never seen a Fiat  or Peugeot used by any of the Service be-it Water/Gas/Ambulance ,we do however have a lot of goods delivered to our door by Courier in the Main Merc.s with the odd Tranny, you can only go by what you know to be fact, We were asked for our Opinion on Mercedes and By K-1. Having Owned and drove a New Fiat X250 I know what I went through with a new Vehicle was Absolutely appalling , that experience prompted me to admit I had got it wrong buying another Fiat and to buy a Mercedes ,Now dont get me wrong I dont have money to burn  the residual received from selling the Fiat only allowed me to buy a Secondhand Merc, but a decision I,m well pleased with,  I gave what I consider a truthful and fact based opinion, I did not Slight anyone in the process for their opinions ,  I think K-1 was wanting info to Aid  his Decision on a Possible future purchase of a Mercedes and not to read about badges, I dont think anyone who buys a Mercedes think they are above anyone who buys a Fiat etc,its down to knowledge and choice, I bought for longevity more than anything else. 

Colin I remember well what you said about the ride in a Merc based Motorhome when I went to test drive my Present Merc, we found the ride really comfortable the Air ride seats set to our Weight certainly dampens any movement,and Perhaps the heavy duty springs on our Merc may have been a Modification over earlier models as ours certainly has no resemblance to nay fairground ride, ....Each to thier own .  Safe Journeys.

Archived