V5 error on new van

Hiacynth1

I'm new to the forum so Hello everyone, just got new van last week and took it to the lakes for weekend didn't do too bad for 1st attempt mounted a few pavements avoiding other vehicles in filter lanes but no one hurt, van just had 1 fault on lecky box catch but can sort that out.

So feeling really good about everything then got home opened V5 doc and they have van down as an auto not manual rang Swansea said I needed confirmation letter from manufacturer to send with V5 so they could change it, the question is do I contact Peugeot or Bailey for letter?

Thanks Liz

I think you should get the dealer to sort it out. Either they, or the manufacturer, made a mistake or didn't check properly when it was registered. Either way it is up to the dealer to sort it, there is no reason why you should have the hassle.

My experience of Swansea has, in general, been pretty good (and better than many it would appear).

Frankly, if it is a Peugeot Boxer, I would be inclined to send the V5C for correction (as detailed on the document), back to Swansea stating that it is a Manual, and not an Auto.

I would also point out to them in a covering letter, however, that (unlike the Fiat Ducato) Peugeot do not make and have never made, a version of the Boxer with an auto box (which is a pretty convincing argument).

I suspect (hope?)common sense will rule. :-S

We had this problem with our V5. I contacted DVLA they said that I needed to contact Fiat. I did this and sent them my V5 and recieved my new one from DVLA within a few days.

The problem was created by the dealer as they did not know what spec the vehicle was!!!!!!!

Rang Dealers this morning and at 1st they said it was not their mistake as Peuguot sent them the info and to deal with them until I told them I had discussed the problem on this forum and suddenly I was to send it all back to them and they would sort it out!

Thanks for all your help I loved the 1 about the Motorhome being a motorbike.

Liz

I had the same problem on mine where the chassis number was incorrect. The fault was down to the converter in my case Swift. Swift provided me with a letter which I presented to the DVLA and I received the correct V5 within a few days.

Archived