No dogs allowed cl's cs, or sites, any recommendations.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave
peter - 2012-07-29 10:07 PM

1footinthegrave - 2012-07-29 9:32 PM

It seems quiet obvious that the average dog owner will not be troubled with dogs barking, getting the odd foot full, or being jumped up at.

That's what you buy in to, we did not, when will you guys get it we don't all buy in to the dog club and all that goes with it, nothing more nothing less.

There you go Peter, last rant for tonight, you best get out now it's dark for your dog to take a crap, don't forget your bag though, another one for your collection, and you call me irrational, oh and you trawled through all the posts to find my earlier one, really must have touched a nerve there ! ! !

Not being as sad as you, I did not trawl through the posts at all. As someone who gets out a lot I have been to my boat for 3 days with my wife and DOG. So have just caught up with all your latest and as usual irrational postings.

DOG in capital letters eh, kind of par for the course DOG gets highlighted, wife in small letters, speaks volumes, and trust me you did trawl through the posts, don't be bashful. Oh and here's an interesting one for you, in the average year you'll pick up around 700 bags of hot poo, I can see the attraction now.

Or do you "pick up" come on now, do you......................everytime

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1footinthegrave - 2012-07-29 9:57 PM

If I'm parked up somewhere described as quiet, and your dogs start "playing" as you put it ( or making an infernal racket as I would put it), how will you react if I ask you to keep them quiet, you see the great divide don't you...................................lets leave it there shall we

Here we go again ... you just want to keep on picking a fight (chewing on a bone?) for the sake of it despite our constantly trying to make you see what we're on about and our understanding of what you are saying ... nothing anyone says will make you see OUR side of things as you obviously haven't read my post properly .... I can't be bothered to keep trying to get you to actually READ and UNDERSTAND what I've been writing. *-) So yes ... I think you'd better leave it there. :-|

I tried to give some useful information to the OP, only to realise just what a raving lunatic he really is.

I look forward to the time when he changes his forum name ...... to 2feetinthegrave.

Care in the Community is obviously not working, put him in the 'Big House' where he belongs.

JudgeMental - 2012-07-29 7:32 PM

Like someone else mentioned, dog owners a bit like smokers, an intensely stupid and selfish bunch in general

... is there a grumpy git virus on this forum at the moment .... making some contributors unable to 'read' and instead tar people with the same brush? *-)

Mel B - 2012-07-29 7:11 PM

Brian - did I have to give permission for you to have children (which I assume you have)? Regardless of whether I agree that you should have children, I have to support them by paying through taxes etc for schools, healthcare etc. So you can make the same argument above for people having children as for dogs. :-S

Can't agree with that Mel.

If everyone stops having children, civilisation, as we know it, would come to an end.

I doubt if not having dogs would have such serious consequences.

.(.. and don't forget that some of todays children, when grown up, may well be taking care of your healthcare needs in your old age ).

;-)

1footinthegrave - 2012-07-29 10:16 PM

peter - 2012-07-29 10:07 PM

1footinthegrave - 2012-07-29 9:32 PM

It seems quiet obvious that the average dog owner will not be troubled with dogs barking, getting the odd foot full, or being jumped up at.

That's what you buy in to, we did not, when will you guys get it we don't all buy in to the dog club and all that goes with it, nothing more nothing less.

There you go Peter, last rant for tonight, you best get out now it's dark for your dog to take a crap, don't forget your bag though, another one for your collection, and you call me irrational, oh and you trawled through all the posts to find my earlier one, really must have touched a nerve there ! ! !

Not being as sad as you, I did not trawl through the posts at all. As someone who gets out a lot I have been to my boat for 3 days with my wife and DOG. So have just caught up with all your latest and as usual irrational postings.

DOG in capital letters eh, kind of par for the course DOG gets highlighted, wife in small letters, speaks volumes, and trust me you did trawl through the posts, don't be bashful. Oh and here's an interesting one for you, in the average year you'll pick up around 700 bags of hot poo, I can see the attraction now.

Or do you "pick up" come on now, do you......................everytime

There's nothing wrong with picking up a bag of nice fresh warm dog poo provided you remember to hold your breath when putting it in the special bins provided for the purpose. Responsible dog will know what I mean!

I'm going on Dragons Den with my new idea-it is putting luminious capsules in dog food,then the crap glows in the dark and you won't step in it. If you think thats barmy you have'nt been reading all of this thread!!

yeti - 2012-07-29 11:25 PM

I'm going on Dragons Den with my new idea-it is putting luminious capsules in dog food,then the crap glows in the dark and you won't step in it. If you think thats barmy you have'nt been reading all of this thread!!

(lol) ..yes...and the strange glow in the dark, "marbling effect" that'd show up on MH upholstery,would help serve as a warning to prospective buyers... (lol) (lol)

Guest peter

Picking up dog poo is no more distasteful than handling sh1tty babies nappies now is it?, and there's a lot less of the matter, never mind the cleaning up and the smell.

Give me a dog any day. :D

peter - 2012-07-30 10:04 AM

Picking up dog poo is no more distasteful than handling sh1tty babies nappies now is it?, and there's a lot less of the matter, never mind the cleaning up and the smell.

Give me a dog any day. :D

Picking up dog poo may be no more distasteful than handling nappies, but you will be doing it for a lot longer.

So, if you are talking about ' quantity ' the dogs win by a big margin.

;-)

I have a question for the 'responsible dog owners', if I may?

I ask this because it would seem that absolutely all of the contributors that have posted on this thread and do actually keep a dog (or more) are poster children for the considered control and required public hygeine that is necessary if a substantial number of the population are to keep dogs and walk them in public places.

Since we all know that (contrary to the cross section of society that is present here) not all owners are so considerate and that our sample is in no way representative of the nation............

Would you, when walking your pet, and witnessing someone less considerate; either allowing thier animal to harrass people, foul the area or hang up bags of poo, challenge them as to why they are doing so? Would you point out that their actions give ALL dog owners a bad name?

Thought not.

If the very righteous are not going to police this, and the non dog owners are obviously powerless to improve things then it will have to be legislation and strict enforcement. Just going for a walk should not involve such hazards and while you may all be perfect; it is a fact of life that one day you will unfortunately be affected by the rogue's actions. That day can't come soon enough. Perhaps nature could intervene and there could be a new strain of something that kills dogs carried by foxes or rabbits? That would remove the dogs from our public spaces.

PS; Love the luminous poo idea! It was easier to spot the white stuff that we had when I was a kid!

Finally; Brian is exactly right. There is no way that I would have posted anything about this if the original poster had not been so viciously attacked! There is no justification for that, however bonkers he appears to be.

YES I have remonstrated with irresponsible dog owners. Always have done, always will do.

I also do the same with irresponsible wildcampers.

Please do not include me in the group that started the bile. I answered the OP's question in the correct manner with what I thought might be useful information.

Only then did I chip in with my 2 pennorth. :D

My van is currently on a THS and neighbouring children (some quite small) are pestering us to walk our dogs. The good thing about this is that they will not grow up with the extreme attitude (not to mention bad manners) of a small group on here.

If anyone with a m/home was unaware of the fact that a great many owners are also dog owners, then they are living in a parallel Universe or mentally disabled. The simple answer for them is to change their hobby or pastime or move to Korea or the Philippines (where they can lunch on their arch enemies). ;-)

Guest JudgeMental
sshortcircuit - 2012-07-29 11:01 PM

There is one thing this thread has decided me, never ever own a dog.

I have always felt the same until I meet Syd's chihuahua in Spain.....what a lovely charming little thing! :-D

Getting back to the original posters question i would also be interested in CL's where there were no dogs.

We have just had a weekend at a "CL" where the owner let his dog (no he was not a farmer and it was not a working dog) roam free (incidentally other campers had to keep their dogs on a lead) and it was crapping everywhere.

The other dog owners apologised to us about the owner!

Just to lighten things up a bit. Stayed at a CS near Penrith. The owner had a dog which was loose but did not venture near those parked up. However there were three old hens and they strutted about together all over the place carrying out a detailed examination of all and sundry, So comical and not a threat to anybody.

sshortcircuit - 2012-07-29 11:01 PM

There is one thing this thread has decided me, never ever own a dog.

Thank goodness for that ... the thought of a poor dog having to put up with you doesn't bear thinking about! :D ;-)

JudgeMental - 2012-07-30 1:37 PM

I have always felt the same until I meet Syd's chihuahua in Spain.....what a lovely charming little thing! :-D

... looks can be deceptive ... when you least expect it it'll have your wig off and go running along the beach with your bald patch shining brighter than the sun as you chase after it!!! Why do you think our cross Chihauhau/Jack Russell (Chisel) is called Tazzy after the Tazmanian Devil!!! (lol)

2014263417_Tazzymonster.JPG.85cabcf7378e63876282139727a6be9c.JPG

euroserv - 2012-07-30 11:52 AM

I have a question for the 'responsible dog owners', if I may?

I ask this because it would seem that absolutely all of the contributors that have posted on this thread and do actually keep a dog (or more) are poster children for the considered control and required public hygeine that is necessary if a substantial number of the population are to keep dogs and walk them in public places.

Since we all know that (contrary to the cross section of society that is present here) not all owners are so considerate and that our sample is in no way representative of the nation............

Would you, when walking your pet, and witnessing someone less considerate; either allowing thier animal to harrass people, foul the area or hang up bags of poo, challenge them as to why they are doing so? Would you point out that their actions give ALL dog owners a bad name?

Thought not.

Question away by all means, but at least give us the chance to answer rather than make an assumption and therefore comment based on that. Yes, we have and will continue to 'challenge' people who don't clear up etc, however I'd rather not call it 'challenge' as that is quite an emotive word, instead I find it much better to offer 'help' instead for example by going over and giving them a doggy bag if they haven't picked it up and usually they will then do so, or telling them that they've 'lost' their poo bag if it has been hung up, and if their dog is causing a problem for others/other dogs advise them politely to stop it and/or do so myself - this usually triggers them to do it instead. it is then quite easy to continue to have a conversation with them about dogs/ownership etc, but not in a patronising/criticising/antagonistic way. Sometimes people simply do not THINK about their action/inaction ... this happens with lots of things, not just dogs.

If the very righteous are not going to police this, and the non dog owners are obviously powerless to improve things then it will have to be legislation and strict enforcement. Just going for a walk should not involve such hazards and while you may all be perfect; it is a fact of life that one day you will unfortunately be affected by the rogue's actions. That day can't come soon enough.

I wish there was more legislation but it should NOT unduly penalise those who ARE responsible, just those who are not ... :-S

Perhaps nature could intervene and there could be a new strain of something that kills dogs carried by foxes or rabbits? That would remove the dogs from our public spaces.

Have you ever seen how a rabbit suffers with myxomatosis? It's horrible. Or badgers with tuberculosis? I wouldn't wish that on any animal regardless of how disliked they are. Just because you don't like dogs (I assume?) to wish this on them is totally despicable and not the sort of thing I would have ever thought you would say. :-|

PS; Love the luminous poo idea! It was easier to spot the white stuff that we had when I was a kid!

Finally; Brian is exactly right. There is no way that I would have posted anything about this if the original poster had not been so viciously attacked! There is no justification for that, however bonkers he appears to be.

As an aside to the luminous poo idea, we have tried ourselves to 'colour code' our dogs' poo in the past! :D This was when one of them was raiding the fridge etc and we didn't know which one it was to 'show them the error of their ways', so we tried putting some food in the fridge with colouring in it to see if it worked ... the food disappeared but unfortunately there wasn't any trace of the colouring in any of the poo afterwards. *-)

Mel B - 2012-07-30 7:02 PM

Thank goodness for that ... the thought of a poor dog having to put up with you doesn't bear thinking about! :D ;-)

You do not get it Mel. Any comment you make has to have a snide comment which is very sad

The reason I will not have a dog is after listening to comments from dog owners it appears to affect rational thinking and certainly induces bad manner. No I will let old age and senility take my brain rather than have it doggy infected.

Mel B - 2012-07-30 7:26 PM

As an aside to the luminous poo idea, we have tried ourselves to 'colour code' our dogs' poo in the past! :D This was when one of them was raiding the fridge etc and we didn't know which one it was to 'show them the error of their ways', so we tried putting some food in the fridge with colouring in it to see if it worked ... the food disappeared but unfortunately there wasn't any trace of the colouring in any of the poo afterwards. *-)

Did you check "Hubby's". ;-)

Guest peter
euroserv - 2012-07-30 11:52 AM

Perhaps nature could intervene and there could be a new strain of something that kills dogs carried by foxes or rabbits? That would remove the dogs from our public spaces.

I'm surprised that you could even think of saying that Nick. Whether it was tongue in cheek or not.

We once bought some red and green chew sticks which certainly DID colour code the dog bombs.

Anyone remember white dog poo? (That was down to an ingredient in Chappie)

On a serious note. The town centre where I work is absolutely full of dog bombs - so much so people have a habit of walking with their eyes scouring the pavement and often bumping into each other. I reckon there must be thousands of dogs in that town but I bet the culprits could be counted on one hand. Don't tar us all with the same brush. the irresponsible owners are few and far between but are highly visible.

While it's admirable to admonish someone for not picking up after their pooch - has anyone thanked an owner for being thoughtful enough to carry doggy bags? Thought not...

Most of us go camping in the countryside amongst far more unpleasant droppings than the ones dogs leave and we clear up - cows, sheep, horses, not to mention the myriad of wildlife (including the highly disease ridden rats), who do you see clearing up after them? Mother nature??

You may have though that I was being cruel suggesting someone with a phobia gets help - but I meant it. A little bit of help can go a long way - my sister was agorophobic and was housebound for many years. With a little 'help' she is now free to enjoy the world - and boy has she made up for those years stuck indoors. If a phobia is disabling you, you owe it to yourself to ask for help so you can truly enjoy what is only a short time we have here.

sshortcircuit - 2012-07-30 7:35 PM

Mel B - 2012-07-30 7:02 PM

You do not get it Mel. Any comment you make has to have a snide comment which is very sad

The reason I will not have a dog is after listening to comments from dog owners it appears to affect rational thinking and certainly induces bad manner. No I will let old age and senility take my brain rather than have it doggy infected.

... how on earth can my remark be considered as snide? 8-) Didn't you see the silly grin and wink emoticons?????? In case you don't realise that means it has been said in JEST ... ie leg pulling ... please tell me that you seriously did NOT think I was being snide ... :-|

If you don't want to have a dog that is YOUR choice (not mine and not 'permitted' by Brian, despite what he likes to think :D ), but yet again us dog owners are faced with another insult that we can't think rationally .... *-) So contrary to what you said about my very obviously NOT snide remark, I view what you have just said as being DEFINITELY snide! :-( Perhaps having a dog would help you to understand this??? :-S

Bolly1965 - 2012-07-30 9:17 PM

While it's admirable to admonish someone for not picking up after their pooch - has anyone thanked an owner for being thoughtful enough to carry doggy bags? Thought not...

Thanking everyone I meet who complies with the laws of the land would take up so much of my time every day that I must admit that I don't thank any of them.

;-)

Archived