back box

calypso

Hi can anyone help..we are thinking of getting a back box for our auto sleeper broadway.. we already have a fiama bike rack to fit the box on but we are undecided wether to go for an ultra box 500 or to try and get one made ....out of aluminium??? or wood ??? has any body made their own ...bearing in mind weight will be abig consideration. We want to carry a fold up bike and 2 chairs levelers and electric lead..bike rack has a max weight of 50 klg thank you

I have just such a set-up, a Fiamma Bike Rack with a Fiamma 500 Back Box attached, the weight limit on my Bike rack is 60kg, that includes the box itself of course. I carry outdoor chairs, small table, rotary washing line and Dog food, towels etc., (all weighed so I don't overload it). Saves clutttering up the inside of the van.

I would think that any DIY Box,whether wood or alloy, would be heavier than the Fiamma compression moulded ABS version. They are expensive 'new' (up to £490 !) but are available at a lot less than that second hand. on E-Bay or MMM's readers sales. Be aware that the locks on these Boxes are rudimentary, with lock keys common fitting. Ray

Hi there,

I don`t know where you are but i was in Todds Motorhomes. Lostock Hall this morning

and they have a couple of ( very slightly ) used back boxes ( hardly a mark on them )

in the reduced area as you go into the shop.

They are almost half price and seem very good value to me.

There is always odds and sods in the section ranging from odd catches, doors and

right up to back boxes and awnings, always worth a look.

Hope this helps

Regards

Graham.

hi rang todds first thing this morning they said they had no second hand ones only new £450.00 camper lands are the best price new £389.99 but I'll keep looking on E-bay you never know ...thanks anyhow very nice of you to reply.

Archived