3 recent tragedies

nightrider

3 recent tragedies, the young boy killed at the Beamish open air museum, the couple killed when their car was crushed by a land slip and the young woman killed in a beach rockfall, the worst thing was that the woman killed in the tunnel landslip had her house broken into by some barsteward who no doubt read of her death in the papers, how low can you sink?

Yes certainly the young lad at the steam museum must have been awful for everyone concerned. Not being rubber knecking - but I have not seen or heard how that tragedy happened?

But the two landslips in Dorset has certainly made me think. I have driven on numerous occaisions through that tunnel.

And regularly walk with the dogs along that bit of coastline.

Makes you think. :'(

From what I have read the boys father was driving the traction engine, not sure if he was employed by the museum or just a volunteer enthusiast, it makes it all the more poignant for me as I was at the museum just a couple of months ago, the girl killed by the Dorset rockfall must have suffered horrendous injuries.

As a child in Birkenhead I was present just after a motorcyclist and pillion passenger were very badly injured at a short tunnel under a railway line near Camel Laird shipyard. Whilst waiting for the ambulance to arrive, some one stole the shoes from the pillion passenger (they had come off in the crash).

How low can you go? Very, it would seem.

Within the last year an Asian woman was knocked down by a truck in city centre Manchester, in the accident she was decapitated, a man who witnessed the accident stole her handbag which contained £600 and delayed the police from identifying her, he was found out and jailed for a year, scumbag.

knight of the road - 2012-07-29 3:21 AM

Within the last year an Asian woman was knocked down by a truck in city centre Manchester, in the accident she was decapitated, a man who witnessed the accident stole her handbag which contained £600 and delayed the police from identifying her, he was found out and jailed for a year, scumbag.

Bet he doesn't do a year. Time of for GOOD behaviour!

I would bring back the death penalty, but must not get started on that one.

On researching my family tree, I discovered that a relative, got deported to Van Diemansland (Tasmania)

He got 7 years, his crime, He stole a loaf of bread from his wealthy employer, to feed his family!!

Archived