I'm thinking of going somewhere.......should I turn left or right? :-S

Left for Scandinavia........Everyone and there dog turn right :D

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2012-07-30 2:15 PM

pelmetman - 2012-07-30 10:32 AM

I'm thinking of going somewhere.......should I turn left or right? :-S

Any of them, but like Howie once said to Michele, "don't come back" :D :D :->

Dave

So I'm a persona non grata then 8-)................. its just as well I'm too thick to notice :D...........

Many of our trips have been taken after seeing photos of spectacular scenery.

The places that lived up best to their images were Norway and the Ordesa National Park in the Spanish Pyrenees.

It's normally been the case that our holidays have an objective, and we just take our time getting there and back, never booking anything but the ferries.

We are completely opposite to you Brian. When asked by anyone where we are going for our holiday we say "well we have booked to go to Dunquerk/ Calais" from there we just go wherever we fancy at the time. We do however, if we are passing or nearby, call and see some of the places mentioned on here that we may not have seen but rarely do we go out of our way to see something in particular.

I have never bought or looked at a guide book, nor I believe has my wife, I like to discover things for myself and I no longer buy up to date maps just use Sat Nav look what is around at the distance I fancy travelling, punch in the position on the 'Browse Map' feature and off we toodle.

So to sum up we just follow our noses and stop where we stop. We always discover new places in France every time we go, that for us is the attraction the discovery, probably the same as what made most nations that rose to become 'Empires'.

Bet nobody asked Columbus where he had planned to go!!

Bas

Brian Kirby - 2012-07-29 11:49 PM

I think I'm more like a man who successfully executed a highly elaborate plan to escape from Broadmoor (this is actually true, I was there on the same day, and it caused total chaos :-)), but was eventually discovered in the visitors canteen just outside. He was asked why, after all his efforts, he had not made good his escape. Oh, he said, he just wanted to prove he could get out if he wanted to. Now he'd proved that, he didn't feel himself to be a prisoner any more. Verily, we are all different! Hope you've all enjoyed the answers as much as I have.

Brian, are you sure you only THINK you are like the Broadmoor man ... or in reality ARE you ACTUALLY that man and they didn't bother to lock you back up ...? :D ... it would explain a lot of things .... (lol)

Mel B - 2012-07-30 9:32 PM................Brian, are you sure you only THINK you are like the Broadmoor man ... or in reality ARE you ACTUALLY that man and they didn't bother to lock you back up ...? :D ... it would explain a lot of things .... (lol)

But, that was my point, Mel! :-D I have a plan I know I can break, therefore it does not restrain me, it merely takes me where I know I want to go. If that disappoints when I arrive, I choose somewhere else to go. But, I know where I'm going, and why. What could be simpler? :-)

Guest pelmetman

Am I there yet?.....................:D

I've gotta a orrible feeling I don't want to reach the end 8-)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2012-07-30 11:40 PM

pelmetman - 2012-07-30 11:32 PM

Am I there yet?.....................:D

I've gotta a orrible feeling I don't want to reach the end 8-)

There is no end, Dave, just the next destination. :-) Anyway why a are a you a speankin' de Italiano?

Sorry Brian :$...............I thought I was speaking fluent Shiraz :D

Brian Kirby - 2012-07-30 11:27 PM

Mel B - 2012-07-30 9:32 PM................Brian, are you sure you only THINK you are like the Broadmoor man ... or in reality ARE you ACTUALLY that man and they didn't bother to lock you back up ...? :D ... it would explain a lot of things .... (lol)

But, that was my point, Mel! :-D I have a plan I know I can break, therefore it does not restrain me, it merely takes me where I know I want to go. If that disappoints when I arrive, I choose somewhere else to go. But, I know where I'm going, and why. What could be simpler? :-)

... but you haven't answered my question ARE you ACTUALLY the Broadmoor man .... 8-)

Archived