Glasgow Rangers

antony1969

I have a sneaky suspicion that they will only be down there for 1 year. Why? Because the money that the current crop of SPL teams will lose will either send a few of them to the administration ward, or the TV rights will be re evaulated next year and again drop. The current crop are also performing so dismally in Europe that that will not give any benefit either. The SPL will then fiddle a way to get them back. Of course if I had been in charge I might have applied to join the English league and that would have sent the pinheads at Hamden into orbit. Would have been worth the hassle just to see it.

My son in law has been a life long fan although he lives now in England. His first thought was 'where is the gas oven' and then basically went into torpor. He hopes to wake up and realise it was all a nightmare.

However, as a fan your job is keep supporting them until they return. That may be depressing for quite a while.

Dave , we have done the trip up many times to watch them and intend to do so this season too . Speaking to other Rangers boyo's they all feel the same that previous owner's fiddled and now the only just place to be is starting again from the bottom . This way there is no talk of favours from anyone .

They will come straight through back into the top league , I'm sure of it . As some teams may struggle without Rangers playing against them in the top league the others in the 3rd division will enjoy bumper pay days .

As for playing in the English league , the sad truth is that even before this fiasco they were not good enough for the English Premier League and would probably have struggled in Division 1 .

Watch this space for crowd figures at Ibrox this season even in the bottom league . Up to today they had sold 25.000 season tickets , unbelievable . The crowd figures will show the loyal support for them and will also show that the only real loser's in the whole drama are the poor sods that pay there money to watch them each week .

One last thing is I hope all football teams from all UEFA leagues are dealt with in the same severe way Rangers have been if found guilty of wrong doing . Cmon Ally , The End .

Thanks for all the PMs showing support for our beloved Rangers , still reading through em . Almost 50.000 there today to support a Scottish third division team WIN , unbelievable .

Somehow I don't think Man City , Man Utd etc and there glory supporters would achieve the same crowds if thrown out of the top flights .

Archived