What a Difference the sun makes.

Dave225

What a difference some sun makes. We have had several days of warm weather now and it has indeed been very pleasant. The temp has been low 20’s which is very nice and not the sticky heat London is getting. Have been sitting in the park watching the kids playing on the swings and it is great to see them running about instead of being cooped up indoors watching tv or computers. Edinburgh has its Festival just started and the tourist are having a good time. Yes, we know it will not last and normal service will resume, but we are enjoying it while we can. After the flooding of last week I am sure the residents of Jedburgh are delighted as they can dry out, and get rid of the mud.

Guest pelmetman
Sunny? 8-).................In Scotland? 8-)............they were right............ blimey.... global warming is a fact :D

Look we get more sun than you lot get. Unfortunately it is usually in winter. I do admit that the summer this year, aprt from the last few days, has been bl...y awful. The trees are showing it badly with distorted leaves and very few conkers. Some have even decided it is time to drop the leaves as they think autumn has arrived.As for crops well potatoes are going to be pricey asthey are all blighted with wet and grains, who knows. Good excuse for the supermarkets to rip us off even more methinks.

However, we are enjoying what we can. I must not complain too much as we were in Spain from April to July and heading back in 10 days for another 2 months

The shame is the kids go back to school in about a week so have missed virtualy all summer.

Guest pelmetman
Dave225 - 2012-08-10 7:42 PM

Look we get more sun than you lot get. Unfortunately it is usually in winter. I do admit that the summer this year, aprt from the last few days, has been bl...y awful. The trees are showing it badly with distorted leaves and very few conkers. Some have even decided it is time to drop the leaves as they think autumn has arrived.As for crops well potatoes are going to be pricey asthey are all blighted with wet and grains, who knows. Good excuse for the supermarkets to rip us off even more methinks.

However, we are enjoying what we can. I must not complain too much as we were in Spain from April to July and heading back in 10 days for another 2 months

The shame is the kids go back to school in about a week so have missed virtualy all summer.

To be fair Dave you have had the best of the weather this year............our trees are doing the same............and we've had the blight, but I cut off the top growth and earthed them up.............but the heavy rain washed it off so a lot of green spuds *-)......even so not a bad crop ;-)...............planting out my Leaks tomorrow :D

Archived