Deadlocks not working

whiskers

Normally when I lock the PVC, I press the lock on the remote twice, the deadlocks operate and I have three flashes on the indicators. Suddenly the deadlocks have decided not to work. When I press the fob the second time, instead of a definite clunk as the deadlocks come in, I only have a click and the indicators flash once. The doors are locking, and I have fitted a new battery to the remote although the old one was ok on voltage.

Has anyone got any ideas on this?

Something similar happened to me last April Do your dead locks work when locking the van with the key?. Mine did . So I changed batteries ,also no Joy. Fortunately the dealer who has now shut down gave me the alarm installer’s telephone phone number when it was fitted, we tried a number of Programming features to no avail over the phone. We eventually took the van to his workshop where it was found to be a component failure ,it was the sounder on, replacing the sounder all worked ok again..... Now how a loud speaker can stop the van locking is a bit confusing but apparently it was correct. and by fitting a new sounder the ccu had to reset and reprogrammed, cost me £90

Hello,

It would appear that ALL UK supplied Fiat X250 vehicles have a 3 button key and therefore have dead locking as standard. I cannot speak for Peugeot or Citroen nor for any vehicles not supplied via Fiat UK but I suspect that if your vehicle does not appear to have dead locks then it probably has had the function switched off and it could be enabled by a Fiat agent using the Examiner tool.

The operation is a bit odd. If you press the lock button once, you hear it lock and the indicators flash. If you press it again you hear further noises but the indicators do not flash. The dead locks are NOT operating, the noise you heard was a 'confirmation' of the standard locks being operated and checked. If you press the locking button TWICE after the additional lock you will get 2 flashes of the indicators and dead locks are activated.

Somewhat bizzarre but true.

In the event of a completely drained battery and with the dead locks activated; the only course of action would be to unlock the driver's door with the key and to lift the floor panel where the battery is housed. A 'jump pack' would have to be attached to the battery and then the passenger and other doors could be opened using the remote key.

If your dead locks are not working it has been known for electrical faults with outer lighting to flag up a reason for the computer to disallow dead locking as have problems with the contacts on the side loading doors of panel vans. Check first that all of your doors are actually locking conventionally! Some poorly aligned doors and the beeping of the alarm for that caused owners to disable the 'door open' sensor on side doors and this can also prevent them from locking at all! Next up would be a full lighting check before a trip to the dealer for a more in depth diagnosis.

Nick

Thank you Derek and Nick for the info. I will go and check on the lighting.

I discovered another problem last night when I tried using the key in the drivers door, (I had never tried it before) it would not lock or unlock. However, the key operated the lock in the back door. Off to have another look.

Just started the engine, no adverse warning lights illuminated. Switched off ignition and tried the lock switch on the dash and that is working ok. Tried the remote and now the deadlocks are working again. But using the key in the drivers door does not do anything. I wonder if it has always been faulty as I have not tried it before.

Whiskers, have you interfered with any of the magnetic contacts on the habitation door or any of the external locker doors because if you or anyone has then that could be the problem. All it needs is for one of the contacts to be put back in the opposite position or one of the wires to be lose and the circuit will be all to cock.

Archived